Old 10-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargeit2him View Post
The sofa slide just makes noise doesn't move. He was looking for the manual crank but can't seem to find it. Hopefully they will get back to us on MOnday

Sandy
I think you will find the manual crank shaft in the ceiling of the outside storage compartment under the sllide. It's a square shaft about 3/4 inch in diameter.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #12

I think you will need to disconnect the coach batteries. Look in the manual for the procedure,

Old 10-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargeit2him View Post
We just picked up our sunseeker 317 last week.Been experimenting with it figuring where things go and what they do. Haven't gone on any road trips yet. Hubby just noticed the bedroom slideout isn't closing all the way. Then he decided to try the kitchen/living room slide out. Now that isn't working. He just called the dealer and left his name and number so they can call back (hopefully on Monday)
Sandy
I have the Forester 3171 - same floor plan as your 3170.

Are the coach batteries fully charged?

If so, for the bunk/bedroom slide there are two Lippert motors synchronized at the ends. The slide control box for that slide is in the storage compartment outside - the one with the water filter. Look up and you will see the black box. It has diagnostic LED's inside the box. Use this video to help:

On the couch/kitchen slide, it is different. This one does have the manual crank-out as others have pointed out. The noise you mention could be the clutch meaning something might be binding. Might just try the manual operation.

Bobby
Old 10-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #14

Don't remove the step-in plastic cover on the driver side door side if trash makes you squirmish. I removed it once to track down wind noise and the whole channel was FULL of wire debris, wire nuts, screws, gum wrapper, and paper backers...
Old 10-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
Don't remove the step-in plastic cover on the driver side door side if trash makes you squirmish. I removed it once to track down wind noise and the whole channel was FULL of wire debris, wire nuts, screws, gum wrapper, and paper backers...
Nice coincidence, that actually was the first job I did on the camper. I noticed that the wires passing in the door channel were all crushed by the plastic cover when going out behind the driver's seat. So I removed the cover and unfortunately I did share the same experience as you. I was mainly concerned by the wires and the fact that these did not have ANY kind of protection (no plastic tubing, nothing). So I did arrange all that and I even removed the cover on the passenger side - same problem.

It is unfortunate Forest River don't pay much attention to what is NOT visible!! They build nice RVs.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
GM

Have the slide looked at. If the motor is running but no clutch, it is probably the gear box not the motor. I have seen a couple of units where a shear pin broke in the gear box (not the motor). That is where I would have them look first. If that is the case, I'm not sure the manual retraction will work.

As for debris. This has been brought up before. I have passed that info on to the production QC people. We just need to add some of the nook & crannies to the QC sheet.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #17

just an update..They had to put in another motor. While it was there (haven't picked it up yet ) Someone didn't see the slide out and clipped it ! So they have to fix it. They called and wanted to let us know. So we are supposed to get it back sometime today.
Hopefully we will get to use it this weekend .

Sandy

Tags
slide, sunseeker, slide out