Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #1

2015 3010 fiberglass Crack in Slide

I was lubing the tracks of the kitchen slide this morning and to my surprise there was a nice crack in the fiberglass next to the track. It looks like it may line up with a motor when the slide is in. It is in line with the back window at the kitchen table. At the front track there are the same type of scuff marks as the rear, but no crack. I sent pictures of it to the warranty person at the dealership where I bought it from. I haven't heard back from her yet.
I know in the past I've seen people put pictures of cracks in their fiberglass before, but I didn't pay close attention to them at the time. Is this the same spot others have had similar cracks in? Thanks for your responses.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1435074778.499987.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	80843Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1435074796.399794.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	80844
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:23 PM   #2
Commercial Member

That looks to me like the slide came in and rolled over something that was wedged under the slide.

The other possibility is one of the rollers that the slide rests on tipped over somehow. If you can look in underneath you should be able to see if there is something under there.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #3

Brian,
Thanks for your response. I took another look inside this morning after reading your response about maybe something got lodged under there. My first thought was a seatbelt, but looking where the seat belts are that doesn't look possible. I brought the slide in little by little to see what could be in line with it. When it comes all the way in it is right over a piece of steel probably about a half inch thick. I'm just wondering if it could possibly hit that going down the road with some major bumps in Pa. I didn't see any wheels it slides on at all.
I put a 2 part epoxy over the crack this morning. I'm thinking I may try to put a thin metal plate in that spot for more protection. Like I said in the first post, the front rail has the same type of scrape marks in the same spot, just no crack. Maybe a metal plate there too? Do you think the plate idea could harm anything?
Old 06-25-2015, 09:18 AM   #4
Commercial Member

If it is a roller, the roller is mounted to a metal angle. If the roller got tipped over, you would be looking at the bottom of the roller (metal angle) The roller portion would only be visible from inside the coach under the slide floor.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:34 PM   #5

I had a roller like this tip over pulling the screws out of the floor. Luckily I caught it in time and was able to fix before any more damage occured.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #6

I'm not really sure what you guys mean by a roller tipping over. I've looked under the slide from the inside and don't see any rollers. My bedroom slide I can see rollers from the outside.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:12 PM   #7

Need to figure it out. More damage will occur
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #8

[ATTACH]81190[/ATTACH
So I went out this morning and had my wife putting the slide in and out while I looked under the slide to see if anything looked odd. The picture I attached is the front part of the slide under the sofa, but looks identical to the rear one. I couldn't get a good picture of the rear one. As the slide comes in, the bottom comes very close to that piece of metal. (The very thick one in the picture) When the slide comes all the way in it rises up, maybe 1/4 above it. I had my wife sit all around the kitchen table to see if it would make it sink to be able to hit the metal, but it doesn't look like it moved. Both the front and rear tracks look identical when they come in. Everything on the outside looks normal too. Maybe it's possible that sometimes when the slide is coming in it hits down on that metal and then pops back up, not sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1435339886.742367.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	81190  
Old 06-26-2015, 01:33 PM   #9
Commercial Member

A below floor slide would not have rollers...I think only the Schwintecs do. That leads me to believe that something got left under the slide when it came in at some point and has since been removed.

What floor plan again?

Old 06-26-2015, 01:45 PM   #10

It's a 2015 3010. We don't have anything under the slide outside and nothing ever underneath on the inside. It's just my wife and I, no kids with toys that could possibly get put under. It lines up directly with that 1/2 piece of steel. I don't think anything else did it. When it's coming in it is very close to that steel and as it snugs up to the wall it pops up to be about a quarter inch above that piece of steel.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:06 PM   #11

I know not everyone crawls around under their slides, but I'd ask anyone with a 3010 to take a look under your kitchen slide and see what it looks like near the tracks. Also, if you take a flashlight, look under the slide from the inside and see how close the bottom of your slide comes to that 1/2 piece of steel( I'm guessing 1/2, but maybe it's 5/8) that will be just left of the track. I'm interested to see if anyone else sees what I'm talking about. Thanks
Old 06-27-2015, 11:39 AM   #12
KAS

TO bclemens
Since you're a factory rep for FR, maybe you know the answer to this. I have a 2013 Sunseeker LE2250 MH with a slideout for the bed. I was told there is a hand crank somewhere in case the power fails, but I can't find it anywhere. Do you know where it is located or do I have to purchase it separately. And how/where do I apply/use it? I'd rather find out now BEFORE I have a problem.
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:51 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Nope. You have a Lippert Schwintec IN-Wall slide. No manual crank. more info here about manual retraction.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Nope. You have a Lippert Schwintec IN-Wall slide. No manual crank. more info here about manual retraction.

Brian, is this the same type of slide on the 3171DS passenger side?
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:13 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Yep

Tags
fiberglass, slide