Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2015, 10:24 PM   #1

2015 3050 SF water in basement storage compartment

I can not understand how this happen. Strong rain Monday night while stop, slide out and had about 2 inches of water in rear storage under slide out in morning.

Anyone have a fix for this? I tried to force water with hose around door and no leak there.
13larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:07 AM   #2
Class C Representative

Are you sure the door was shut correctly during the rain? Sometimes they feel shut but the lock never caught the jam and the rubber gasket doesn't seal properly.
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:06 PM   #3

I had about an 1" in my storage area after driving in rain for 2 days camping world can't duplicate it so I guess it didn't happen my side view cameras won't work after good rain couldn't duplicate that either

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-19-2015, 05:29 PM   #4
clr

I have a Prime Time Sanibel and when it rained heavy I would get water in the storage compartment but never 2 inches. I checked this out several times and could not find the source of the leak. I finally found that the water was getting into the storage compartment under the lock striker panel. I pulled the striker panel out and put silicon in the void under the striker and each of the screws. No more water in the storage compartment. This may also be your problem, you will see once the water get under the striker it has a clear shot into the storage compartment. Good luck and I hope this may also by your problem.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:10 PM   #5

I had water dripping out of the wall above the basement. But it wasn't rain. It was the black tank flush system that was leaking. Only leaked when I was flushing the black tank.
Turns out the check valve was installed incorrectly. Water came gushing out.
Dealer was able to fix it.
barrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:24 PM   #6

I had the same problem on my 3170ds. I thought I found the leak, a gap in the seal. Then my son went to get something out and saw the water filter was leaking. A little silicone tape and fixed. I just wanted to let you know in case you had a similar set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
MzZorro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, storage, water