Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2015, 09:52 AM   #21

Joshua will you call me I think there is some misunderstanding you have my number

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #22

I called the dealer store was told they were to busy for warranty work please make appointment as there other store on hwy 501 which is across town when I called the other store they were taking warranty customers sent by the other they were aware of what was going on I guess the same owner group that's why I am across town not aty dealer his request

Old 07-16-2015, 10:32 AM   #23

I haven't called my dealer since they sent me to there other location I think they work as one is what I understood

Old 07-18-2015, 07:16 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
We have a great team that is always ready and by their phones to answer questions and help in any way possible. I haven't seen or heard of a question about a screw. Which screw are you specifically talking about?
What is the phone number to call I have a question about mine? Thanks
rbetzwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:25 AM   #25
Class C Representative

That depends on your question for the number you need. What is your question?
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:36 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
That depends on your question for the number you need. What is your question?
Had my slide wall replaced by the factory on my 3050s last October. I am now experiencing 3 screws in different locations pulling out of the outer flange of the slide just like in this thread. It has rivets already installed and they are not holding either. Not sure what to do. Add multiple screws? Thanks.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:36 AM   #27
Class C Representative

You could do a DIY fix and either add a Rivet or screws to replace the ones missing. You could also go back to your dealer to see what they would do.
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #28

Could you tell me the max length of screw I should use. I do not want to break through the wall or hit anything important.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:24 PM   #29

loose slide screws

based on what i have seen in the forum and my own experience with my 3050S i would have to say that FR should have probably done some sort of warranty recall to correct the problem once and for all. mine has been to dealer 3 times for loose screws in the slide trim. after the first time where they were only re-tightened, more and larger screws were added. as far as the length, i would not use a screw any longer than the original. from what i understand, if the opening was cut correctly ( not the case for many ) a new larger screw of the same length could be used. make sure it is a sheet metal type screw as the backing is supposed to be a metal angle iron frame. its a shame that my trim now looks like crap with all the different screws but at least the slide trim now stays put.
BTW dealer has been great with the warranty work and other service.
slvrpkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:25 PM   #30

did i read here that Brain is no longer with FR?
Old 07-30-2015, 05:59 PM   #31

How did they end up fixing yours they already changed screw dia. and it is as loose as the original one already have the rivets in above that screw from factory don't feel like there anything behind it to grab on to mine is in shop now just wondering how will they will repair it will be out of warranty in a couple of months

Old 07-30-2015, 07:00 PM   #32

the tech had some sort of service bulletin from FR (he said) that wanted him to measure the gap between the slide and the opening with it open. if it was more than ??? then there was a real problem and it had to measure the same top to bottom. (which it did) apparently mine was within the specs for repair which entailed larger and plenty of screws. i have seen in previous posts that large rivets are also added or have replaced the screws.
it sounds like yours does not have the proper backing for the fasteners to hold. i would try to get my hands on the FR bulletin and see what it says and go from there. for now, i keep my eye on my slide every time i run it out to make sure the trim and screws are tight. i would try to get FR to extend the warranty on this issue until you are satisfied. especially since it is a very common problem with many 3050 owners.
good luck!
Old 07-30-2015, 07:12 PM   #33

It sounds as if the slide issue is still on going mine is a 2015 model my slide has always worked properly so far but it does look as the gap when closed is different but only the screw has given a problem so far mine came with rivets if this is on going after my year is up I expect FR to stick with me until it is resolved maybe Joshua will chime in

Old 07-30-2015, 08:04 PM   #34

I fixed mine myself. Everywhere FR put a screw I added one above and one below about 1 inch away. Predrilled the holes. Don't think that there is any metal backing. Just the thickness of the fiberglass wall sheet! I used screws meant for partical board that are very aggressive thread so it would bite. Filled each hole I drilled with a silicone adhesive. Seems to have done the trick. Total cost................ approximately $5.00! I would like to think the factory has enough profit margin to incorporate this fix. Lol!
Old 07-30-2015, 08:19 PM   #35

I have a large rivet above the screw and a small rivet below and to the inside of the screw I don't know what good it would do to put a screw in if it only bites the fiberglass I'm sure FR has a remedy I advised the dealer to contact Tlogan at FR I hope they did that I don't won't to spend any more time at the dealer than I have to and I know they would prefer not to ever see me again

Old 07-30-2015, 08:27 PM   #36

I have the rivets as well. Did not do a damn thing. I originally had no rivets. (prior to FR replacing the entire side wall!) Believe it or not I had no problems with the flange separating with the old wall. It was just cut out of square.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:08 PM   #37

So FR put in the rivets and redone it or your dealer with FR guidance redone and you still had to put in screws and silicone them in but yours works like it suppose now was it under warranty when your work was started

Old 07-31-2015, 11:38 AM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrpkr View Post
did i read here that Brain is no longer with FR?
He's still with FR. And he still visits here a bit. But he has been promoted to be the GM of another division.

Tags
305, 3050s, sunseeker