Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2015, 12:37 PM   #1

2015 3050s Sunseeker

Does anyone know how important this screw is in slide camping worl just stuck it back in and put silicone on so it would stay FR won't respond to my question another example of piss pour service I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-15-2015, 12:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boso View Post
Does anyone know how important this screw is in slide camping worl just stuck it back in and put silicone on so it would stay FR won't respond to my question another example of piss pour service I guess

Which screw? We've found plenty of them under the slide, behind the drawers, under the bed, couch . . .
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:53 PM   #3
Class C Representative

We have a great team that is always ready and by their phones to answer questions and help in any way possible. I haven't seen or heard of a question about a screw. Which screw are you specifically talking about?
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:58 PM   #4

silicone is a sealer not an attachment method I would remove screw and replace with rivet and then return screw to idiot that did that inserting it firmly in his with silicone
lbrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:58 PM   #5

Pic here - appears to be a slide box screw

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...pic-87563.html
Markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #6
Class C Representative

Thanks Mark.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:15 PM   #7

Sorry about wording but I have been a little rattled since I picked my rv from camping world Monday tring to repair what camping world didn't after keeping it 7weeks forgot to put pic on first post I sent text to TLogan with what was done and other things that they did such as have 1 airbag at 120psi the other at 42 psi after I called before I left home and asked to have ready and bags set at 70 psi I guess they showed me

Old 07-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #8
Class C Representative

Sounds like a poor service experience. Sorry to hear that. Is the screw the only issue you have had or are there others?
Old 07-15-2015, 01:21 PM   #9

The screw is held in with silicone over it catching nothing on inside camping CW said they put a longer screw in and repaired it but that's them same old screw can pull out with finger nails this is what kind of work I got on almost 21 of the things that were on my list and CW manangement will not respond to me

Old 07-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #10
Class C Representative

Why don't you Pm me your info....Name, Number, City, State, model so I can copy and paste it to my email and I'll get a hold of Travis for you.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boso View Post
The screw is held in with silicone over it catching nothing on inside camping CW said they put a longer screw in and repaired it but that's them same old screw can pull out with finger nails this is what kind of work I got on almost 21 of the things that were on my list and CW manangement will not respond to me

If you have not already done so, CW has a forum, where you may get some support from the company with shoddy service (although, the site has a lot of horror stories on it).

RV.Net RV and Camping Forum ? RV, Trailer, Camper, Motorhome, Camping and Campground Information

Ask Marcus sections is info to the CEO Marcus Lemonius(Spelling may be off).

Good Luck.

Mark
Markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #12

Did post on CW complaints three times so far been forwarded but no one has responded with call or email I think they are over loaded with complaints and should be

Old 07-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #13

I have the same issue. The screw is not stripped out but does not stay tight. I will tighten it and it seems to back out. Tried some lock tight but did not work. I was wondering if I should put a longer screw, but what is behind it ?
5hfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:41 PM   #14

I have screwed it in twice now that camping world has worked on it you can pull it out without any tools just finger nails camping world had covered with silicone instead of fixing it this is the Myrtle Beach SC location

Old 07-15-2015, 09:41 PM   #15
Class C Representative

The screw may not be stripped out but the area around the screw may be. What I recommend is getting a larger in diameter screw or using a pop rivet.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 07-15-2015, 10:10 PM   #16

The screw is not stripped out the rv is stripped out have put back in a couple of times I can take it out and go by rv shops to see if I can find one in a larger size should it be a little longer also if available the screw is only 1 of a long list of things that wasn't done does Forest River try to help me get this warranty work done or am I own my own to get it done without any help with the poor service I have received so far I'm not even sure they have ordered any parts I ordered the TV cord from Internet Monday night at a cost of about 16.00 but will have it by Thursday CW said they ordered it 3weeks ago and didn't order all parts that are needed my bathroom fan makes a roaring noise after it runs for a minute I shouldn't have to pay for these parts and do labor also with a new Sunseeker still under warranty this rv set at there lot for 7weeks 2 days everything on my list could have been fixed in less than a few days

Old 07-16-2015, 07:42 AM   #17
Class C Representative

It sounds like the issue is not with us but with your dealer.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #18

That is correct but thought FR would act on the customers behalf if in fact a customer was getting poor to terrible service on warranty on one of there products it says on letter that I should contact FR directly or by email if I'm having problems with service or if my coach stays in the shop over 5 days telephone 574-206-7600 is this someone other than Tlogan if so I will make the call

Old 07-16-2015, 09:34 AM   #19
Class C Representative

You and I have corresponded via email and I have talked to Travis Via email. We are working towards a solution for you. Have you gone back to your selling dealer yet?
Old 07-16-2015, 09:48 AM   #20

I know that Brian has helped with poor customer service on more than one occasion with good results its posted on this forum did good customer service move to a new job also when Brian left all I need is some one from FR stand up for there product on my behalf all customers deserve that we the customers pay FR employees salary

Tags
305, 3050s, sunseeker