Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #1

2015 SunSeeker 2500TS closet slide stuck crooked part way out

After we pulled in last night and hooked up utilities our closet slide went crooked and jammed about half way out. About 1 month out of warranty of course. I have found no paperwork on the slides except in the Forest River owners manual and that does not seem to match our equipment. Any suggestions on how I can straighten out the slide and get it the rest of the way out and resolve this problem? This is only about the 6th or 7th time it has been used. Hope this is not a look at what's to come.
RedmondBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:30 PM   #2

Lube the rails!

This is a Schwintek In-Wall slide made by Lippert. I'll assume you can retract the slide back to fully retracted but then when extending one side gets stuck. If this is in fact true the same exact thing happened to us on the closet/bunk bed slide on the 3170. Grab some WD40 in a pinch or CRC Power Lube (talked about here) and spray the lower and upper motor tracks. This fixed ours completely and we've been going strong since.

Please take a look at this Override Guide for instructions on troubleshooting the slideout.

I only know this from what I've learned on this message board, experience and taking the rig in to get the slide-out fixed.

Hopefully this helps!
knockando is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500, roo, slide, sunseeker