Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
2015 Sunseeker 2300

2015 Suseeker 2300 problems--help!

Got the keys to our 2300 Feb 24. We ordered this unit in Oct and it was delivered in Jan... We had the unit in the shop within 2 weeks for a list of issues including the door not sealing. You could see daylight around it and feel cold air coming in! They claimed to have fixed that...NOT! Then the door would jam and you had to get someone on the inside and someone on the outside to jerk the door open. They claimed they fixed that ...NOT! Cracked paneling on the underside of the overhead cabinets where the electrical outlet was installed..they did replace that and it is fine. Had to have the microwave/convection oven replaced..glass was not sealed and moisture got inside. We ordered this unit and it was NOT built to specs so the dealer had to put in a new wall in the bedroom and a new floor in the living/kitchen area. So we go camping last week of March. Only to find we are once again stuck in the camper and cannot get out of the door....back to the dealer. they replace the entire outside door. We go to pick it up and the door and the screen are NOT sealing once again. they adjust again...SO we leave for camping again April 27..returning June 13....now we get ready to drive home and the RV will not move..a friend looks at everything and finds we have no transmission fluid on dip stick. So we call Coach Net..they are not open on Sat but do have an"Emergency#" (I find this funny because you would only call Coach Net for an emergency) after 1 hour a service tech calls us back and says to put fluid in it and call them back if that does not correct our problem. (we get someone to take us to town to buy fluid) We get home 200 miles later and once again no fluid! We also have a list of 15+ other issues that need repaired or replaced. One being the AC is so loud inside you can not talk and if you have TV on it is turned up so loud you can hear it outside you cannot sleep with it running....new micro.convect oven now roars so once again it will be replaced ....Cab is not air tight so riding is noisy.... SO I ask WHAT DOES FOREST RIVER DO TO ENSURE they put out a quality product??? NOT MUCH! I would think when they have a ordered unit they could at least get what the customer ordered built correctly but that did not even happen! VERY frustrated at this point! Hoping someone from Forest River reads this! By the way Paul G (Forest River sales manager) never even called to apologize for the unit not being built correctly and he talked to me 1 week before it was delivered!!! He did tell the dealer he guessed the "line" did not pay attention to the order... Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:31 AM   #2

Sounds like you want to return it……..
“We ordered this unit and it was NOT built to specs so the dealer had to put in a new wall in the bedroom and a new floor in the living/kitchen area.”
The comment above, what SPECS did you order? A special floor plan, wall setup??
Maybe accepting a unit you did not want or did not ordered, was not the best way of going about it.

Micro-waves and AC’s pretty standard accessories - across manufactures ---so you will get similar options with all companies, when looking at similar pricepoint rigs.
Transmission – Ford or Chevy warranty issue?

The door issue, hum, may require manufacturer support (design, alignment, etc..)

Factory Reps do frequent and support customers here on the forum.
Your best bet is to get a get a clear line of communication going with the issues of the unit, document, document/ communicate directly with Forest River.
Sunseeker warranty employee contact is "Mike Jankowski" mjankowski@forestriverinc.com.
You don’t by chance live somewhere close to Goshen, IN –have heard of FR getting units back to plant, to properly fix some units.

Sorry to hear of the frustrations.
Markiemark
Markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:36 PM   #3

Noisey AC complaints common, this thread has a potential fix:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ats-83131.html

Thinking about checking into this add on option myself ---claims of 50% noise reduction!

Markiemark
Markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #4
Commercial Member

My apologies that things did not go as planned. Obviously the dealer is 90% of the customer experience so we rely heavily on their support. Who was the dealer in this situation?

As for the "custom" order. I try and tell all my sales guys, please let the customer know we will try and accommodate all realistic requests, but we cannot guaranty them.

We are not a custom builder. While NO would probably be a more efficient response for reasons just like this, we want to help where we can. The nature of assembly line process rears its ugly head when they build 100 units one way and we try and get them to build one unit a different way and then go back to the old way. IF the request makes sense, I try to make sure we just build it that way going forward. I'd be curious to know what the special build was.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote