Old 07-24-2016, 08:54 PM   #11

Wow, really nice mods. How did you attach the various stuff to the walls?

I guess I was lucky with my 2250 as the wardrobe shelves and hardware were excellent. The dinette didn't have the doors on the ends, we had to lift the seat lke you do now. Lots of room under there.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:03 AM   #12

The slides for the drawers are mounted on plywood that runs the full depth of the cabinet; they are attached to the framing at the front and back. Some screws in the middle don't have framing members, but they are generally to pull the wall panel up to the object. In the cabinet with the drawers, the top shelf on top has 6 screws - four are attached to framing members, the two in the center are installed sufficient to pull the plywood to the shelf.
On the right hand cabinet, the standards were in the same location as where I put the new ones - there are framing members behind the plywood.

For the corner shelves in the bedroom slide - the back screw on the sides connects with the framing, where the other three seemed to get a good bite, but weren't as solid as the side corners. I'm not sure what is behind the ply, but perhaps there's another layer of thicker plywood.

Framing members can be easy to find, or very difficult. Typically I look for existing staples or I'll push on the plywood on an interior panel to see where it flexes. Sometimes tapping on the panel will reveal the framing.

From your description, it sounds like FR "improved" some areas such as the drawers under the dinette seats (convenient? yes, but not near as good a use of possible storage space) Your shelves sound like they were better constructed as well.

I started on installing two Maxx-air powered fans today too... both are in the holes and have been sealed on the roof, all that is left is to wire them and install the trim.

Oh, an I have a "behind the driver's seat" project underway too - it holds the trash can and a snack box. Pics soon!

Old 07-25-2016, 08:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemc View Post
More projects complete, and lots in the plans. The TV project is low priority, but it'll get done...

Here's the latest:
Shelves in the bedroom for glasses/cell/clock/water bottle, etc:

I like the shelves.
Actually one of my next projects.
Your wood working skills are MUCH better than mine.

Nice job on everything.
My wife now wants pantry pull out drawers also.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:43 PM   #14

I am exhausted just reading about all that you have done.

Did you put one Maxxair in the bathroom?

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:28 PM   #15

We decided to put one in the bathroom and one in the kitchen area. They are close enough that we figured the one in the bedroom could be an exhaust or intake, depending on the direction of the powered vents. We may add a third someday, but we'll certainly add the roof covers fairly soon. (Welcome to the great North-Wet!)