Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2015, 06:38 PM   #41

Figured it out! First of all, if you need any help at all with your Jensen equipment the number on the back of the manual is incorrect. 20 minutes on hold to find that out ...

Call Jensen ASA at 800-688-3135.

But they really didn't figure it out. While I was talking to them I was searching for the yellow video AV cable and when I found it and gave it a push the TV worked. Then it went off again. So it's either a bad cable or bad port on the TV. I put a call in to Travis Logan to see what I can do. I won't go back to Longview RV where I bought it, and I don't want to drive to Albany RV, so I'm hoping I can take it to a local place.

Anyway any advice is appreciated and all the help you folks have been has been terrific.

I know quite a bit about the Jensen VM9726BT install in late model Sunseekers, so I hope I can pay it forward!

Bill

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
DoctorT68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #42
geezer with gadgets

Congratulations on finally figuring it out! Good luck getting it fixed. I know something like that can drive you crazy. Glad you have an answer.

Happy travels!

Sent from my Atari 2600
2011 Sunseeker 3170ds "Ladybug"
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee TOAD
Days camped 2015: 37; 2016: 66; 2017: 86 2018: 57 2019: 30
757Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:53 AM   #43

Ok, I decided to give my original dealer another try.

I soldered the AV cables to get the TV to work, but after all the poking around so much I found lots more wrong. I drove it up to Longview RV and dropped it off on Saturday. They hired a new service manager and got rid of the old one - a good thing. If anyone is interested, here's the list of items I left them with:

---------------------------
Tozzo Repair List
1. Folding table in rear storage area - missing
2. Refrigerator - The refrigerator does not hold temperature consistently. Frequently it does not cool below 45 degrees.
3. Refrigerator Doors - The doors do not close properly. The safety mechanisms do not engage to keep doors from swinging open while driving and the piece on the left door that pivots to seal the gap in between both doorjams and you need to pull it with your hand.
4. Exterior cable jack - cover tie worn and came off when removed to connect cable at campground.
5. Dash Stereo AV Cables - The A/V cables to the back of the TV in bunk need to be replaced. While on the phone with Jensen ASA we discovered that the one video and one phono plug were damaged. (pictures attached) I soldered in two new ends but this is a temporary fix.
6. Dash Stereo Speaker - No sound to speaker in passenger door. I discovered this while on the phone with ASA as well.
7. Dash Stereo - Audio cables from TV Audio out to Dash Stereo do not seem to work. This may be me but please make sure sound from the TV can be send to the Dash stereo and played through coach speakers. I tried AV1 and AV2 as inputs on the dash stereo while playing from a separate DVD player and it didn't work. Sound only came from TV at very low levels.
8. 12 Volt Outlet behind bunk TV - The outlet makes a poor connection with the TV plug and power is interrupted to the TV when driving or when the television position is changed.
9. Outside television - The outside television remote does not work. It doesn't function well and changes the channels or settings very inconsistently. I tried changing batteries and using the remote for the bunk TV with no luck. My guess its the sensor on the TV or something obstructing it.

***Please thoroughly check the all AV components and all their functions to make sure they work correctly when you are done.
---------------

So they said as long as there are no major parts needed from Dometic for the refrigerator it should be a week or two. IF they need parts it will take an additional 2 weeks.

So if you're following this thread I'll be posting then,

Thanks again everyone, I hope this helps someone,

Bill

Old 12-21-2015, 09:11 AM   #44

Are you going to be able to make your trip OK?
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:23 PM   #45

Should be ok. We're not leaving until 2/13.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:35 PM   #46

I should be home by then! We leave on the fourth of Jan. Have a happy!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
I should be home by then! We leave on the fourth of Jan. Have a happy!
Thanks! Looking for a good route now!

Old 01-05-2016, 09:28 PM   #48

I have a 2014 3050 and the frig handles are a constant problem. Have had them adjusted and replaced and they still do not work properly.
Sunseeker 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #49

Well mine are being repaired as I write this. We'll see how they do. I understand why we had these problems. The design is terrible.

Tags