Old 11-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
Angry 2016 Sunseeker 3010 Order Error

Our new Sunseeker 3010 arrived it the dealer today, after waiting 12 weeks. Went to take a look, and found the salesman "forgot" to order the convection microwave and no oven. It came with standard microwave and oven. Not a happy camper!!! The rest of the MH looks great. Don't know what to do. Should I refuse it, or see if the dealer can fix it.

CJ Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:20 PM   #2
I think this is a question only you can answer. I know that would be quite disappointing. I guess it comes down to how much you wanted those options. You don't want to settle if this will just cause you to trade in later. I don't know where you live, but since it is the off season in much of the country maybe you can re-order and get it in time for next spring?

2014 Sunseeker 2860DS
gmacklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:23 PM   #3
We really enjoy our convection oven. We find it more functional than the regular oven. Can the convection oven be added ? I thought I heard that the convection oven was wider than the regular microwave. Hope you can work it out.
5hfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #4
Maybe they could swap out a set from another one or from the factory.
2015 Viking 17FQ TV: 2005 Lexus GX470
bbrowncods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:38 PM   #5
Convection oven is wider it's the size of a standard house unit about 30" I guess
i2015 sunseeker 3050s. 2007 saturn aura
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #6
What I don't understand is how dealers/salesmen don't check their work. Ok he ordered it wrong (incompetent) but after he received the build sheet from FR he didn't check it was correct? Lazy! I would be livid. I guarantee if he made a mistake on that order that would cut into dealer profit someone would of caught it on not only on the order but the build sheet.
2016 Forester GTS 2801QSF
sgtlm17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:32 PM   #7
If you refuse the unit and reorder it would be about the time 2017's come out. We ordered our Sunseeker in March and when it arrived it was the newer model. So unless you plan to us it this winter you may want to refuse and order a new one in spring. Good luck
edcronin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #8
Try not to get caught up in the "I want it right now"moment. If you want, and ordered specific options, don't settle for less! Have them reorder the correct unit!
2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost, Screw, H/D, 3.73
1930 lbs CCC
2010 Flagstaff 26 RLSS (Sold 05/16)
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:06 PM   #9
Order Error

It might be hard to wait for a new one, but as a couple other guys said, unless you are pressed to get on the road, I would make the dealer order a correct one. My dealer actually wrote our order on the spot, gave me copies of it and when the build sheet arrived e-mailed it to me and we both double checked it. Did the same when the unit got to the dealer, we went over everything (PDI) in detail with the mechanic that prepped it...worked well. They won't have any trouble selling that one. . No loss to them. .
2016 Sunseeker 3050S
2012 Ford Edge TOAD
Blue Ox & RVIBrake
2014 - 37; 2015 - 58; 2016 - 64
mkekflyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:40 PM   #10
The convection is not residential it would fit where the micro is. I think the convection might actually be deeper it sticks out further from the cabinet.

The bigger issue would be taking the oven out and getting a range only and putting the drawers in. On that note, I actually had a retail customer tell me that their oven had more storage than the drawer that we replaced it with. Hard to argue with that logic.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote