Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2018, 08:34 AM   #1

Thumbs down 2016 Sunseeker 3050S rain leaks

Has anyone had trouble with rain/snowmelt leaks?
We have been trying to get them sealed for over a year now since about our 10th month of ownership.

The dealer and FR have been working on it but we went out this weekend and saw stains on the floor before we left and on Sunday evening a downpour came in through a crack in the front vent cover near the hinge.

In the process of trying to fix it I discovered water coming down the outside wall of the closet in the MB.

When we lowered the leveling system on Monday to break camp, rivers of water came pouring out from under the slide, across the floor and under the couch.

The unit spent most of the winter at the dealer's getting repair work done for all the water leaks and related damage we found last summer.

Way past really frustrated.
johnscub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:29 PM   #2

2016 Sunseeker 3050S rain leaks

I think that RV has a full length slideout which leaves lots of space for water penetration. Probably a dumb question but does it have a slideout awning over the slideout?

Was the closet leak on the slideout side too?

Some things I would think about

Is slide awning sealed where it attaches to RV

Is there a hole in slide awning.

Is slide awning taught. When I look at web photos some look pretty droopy which would dump more water at ends of awning rather than over the side.

Walk the roof and see if there is a crack in the fiberglass. Some tight cracks may only show up when stepping on them.
sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:41 AM   #3

Get up there with Eternabond tape and tape every seam. Also replace your vent covers with better ones that are UV resistant.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:13 AM   #4

It does have the full length slide down the Drivers (Street) side.
We just got it back from the dealer a month prior after they did a pressurized leak test and sealing of all the leaks they found including other repairs related to the leaks we have been dealing with for a year now. The pressurized leak test should have found any leak that was present and they were supposed to have fixed it. This was all paid for by FR.
There is no hole in the slide awning the unit is only 2 years old. It is as taught as it could be although when I was up on the roof during the downpour it was sagged a little so the water was running off the front.
However, the leak in the bedroom closet is on the other side of the coach.
I am waiting to hear from FR in response to my latest email, it has been almost a week since I sent a multipart email (so I could get all of the pictures in).
The dealer did respond that they have also reached out to FR and they want to get the unit back in to look at what the issues are.
johnscub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:04 PM   #5

Hi... did you resolve all the leaks?
sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:13 AM   #6

I never owned an RV that didn’t leak somewhere.
Splitshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnscub1 View Post
Has anyone had trouble with rain/snowmelt leaks?

We have been trying to get them sealed for over a year now since about our 10th month of ownership.

The dealer and FR have been working on it but we went out this weekend and saw stains on the floor before we left and on Sunday evening a downpour came in through a crack in the front vent cover near the hinge.

In the process of trying to fix it I discovered water coming down the outside wall of the closet in the MB.

When we lowered the leveling system on Monday to break camp, rivers of water came pouring out from under the slide, across the floor and under the couch.

The unit spent most of the winter at the dealer's getting repair work done for all the water leaks and related damage we found last summer.

Way past really frustrated.

The leak in your MB closet is likely from the bathroom skylight. I had same thing in my 2014 3050. I caught it early and resealed the skylight and took shower apart and dried it out. Some water travelled to MB closet but dried up before causing much damage. I ran dehumidifier for a few weeks after discovering the leak.
Sunseeker 88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, 3050s, leak, sunseeker