Old 08-07-2016, 07:32 PM   #1

2017 Sunseeker 2250SLE E-450 Report

Just took my first "longer" trip in the Sunseeker, 3 hours each way. I'm really happy so far with the way this motorhome performs.

The E-450 just hums along effortlessly it seems. On this trip, over a few eastern mountains between CT and NY, with a little stop and go and some slow traffic, i got 10.22 mpg each way (measured via app using OBD port). Seems that he new 6-Speed transmission has made a big difference.

As for the coach, so far no issues at all and everything is working as it should. In two weeks I head down to Bristol, approx. 725 miles each way for me. We'll see how she does on that one!

Old 08-08-2016, 01:15 AM   #2

Always nice to read a good report from a happy owner.

I am glad this is working out for you.

May you have many miles of pleasant travel.

Bobby

Old 08-08-2016, 10:23 PM   #3

Glad to hear your getting all the good mpgs over on the east coast! Send some my way. Lol I posted a reply over in my tread to but I'll ask in your thread to, what is your rpm when you are cruising around 62-63mph?

The reason I ask is I'm trying to see if by chance my E450 might have a lower gear set or something, I would imagine ford builds them all the same unless someone special orders one or something and I also plan on getting some form of scanner to monitor the mpg via the ob2 be it an app or a scan gauge.

But for now the ol girl is back at the dealer for a little while getting the gen fixed and a few other very small issues fixed as well.. To be honest if it weren't for the gen I probably would have just fixed the other stuff myself like the plastic piece that holds the screen on the vent in the bathroom has a screw hole that is busted out which is a whopping $7 fix and a piece of trim popped off which I could have easily put it back in place. About the only other thing I really wanted them to fix was we found a small tear in the dinett cushion right when we got it home other than that it has Ben great!

Oh and first day we got it I was driving it home and went to turn the dash ac on and all I had was low on the fan speed so after laying on my back and taking the dog house out I found the factory wiring was unplugged from the fan switch, problem solved so I though.. Went to drive it at night for the first time over the weekend and none of the HVAC controls had dash lights! This time I had to take the whole dash out to find the plug for those which was stuffed behind the radio.. Not sure if yours has the backup/side view cameras and the gps or not but they made a mess of the wiring so bad that the lower dash panel below the steering wheel would not properly seat in place so I took it all out and cleaned it all up putting the wires in factory style looms and mounting the video box for the cameras to a metal dash support and exposed the camera inputs for the Jensen radio so I can add a cam the looks back into the coach so I can see what my boy or the dog are doing back there since I don't have a rear view mirror and while I was at it I added a usb charger, 12v charger and a digital volt meter in place of that dumb coin tray thing ford put in! I'll try and attach a pic of it but if I can't get it to load go to RV-project.com and check out the write up and video the gentleman on that site did on the same project!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	323.0 KB
ID:	116701  
Old 08-09-2016, 04:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards79 View Post
Glad to hear your getting all the good mpgs over on the east coast! Send some my way. Lol I posted a reply over in my tread to but I'll ask in your thread to, what is your rpm when you are cruising around 62-63mph?

The reason I ask is I'm trying to see if by chance my E450 might have a lower gear set or something, I would imagine ford builds them all the same unless someone special orders one or something and I also plan on getting some form of scanner to monitor the mpg via the ob2 be it an app or a scan gauge.

But for now the ol girl is back at the dealer for a little while getting the gen fixed and a few other very small issues fixed as well.. To be honest if it weren't for the gen I probably would have just fixed the other stuff myself like the plastic piece that holds the screen on the vent in the bathroom has a screw hole that is busted out which is a whopping $7 fix and a piece of trim popped off which I could have easily put it back in place. About the only other thing I really wanted them to fix was we found a small tear in the dinett cushion right when we got it home other than that it has Ben great!

Oh and first day we got it I was driving it home and went to turn the dash ac on and all I had was low on the fan speed so after laying on my back and taking the dog house out I found the factory wiring was unplugged from the fan switch, problem solved so I though.. Went to drive it at night for the first time over the weekend and none of the HVAC controls had dash lights! This time I had to take the whole dash out to find the plug for those which was stuffed behind the radio.. Not sure if yours has the backup/side view cameras and the gps or not but they made a mess of the wiring so bad that the lower dash panel below the steering wheel would not properly seat in place so I took it all out and cleaned it all up putting the wires in factory style looms and mounting the video box for the cameras to a metal dash support and exposed the camera inputs for the Jensen radio so I can add a cam the looks back into the coach so I can see what my boy or the dog are doing back there since I don't have a rear view mirror and while I was at it I added a usb charger, 12v charger and a digital volt meter in place of that dumb coin tray thing ford put in! I'll try and attach a pic of it but if I can't get it to load go to RV-project.com and check out the write up and video the gentleman on that site did on the same project!
Hi, yep I replied to you on the other thread.

You're doing some nice upgrades there. I do have a backup camera, but not side view. Can you tell me more about the side view cams? I wouldn't mind adding that at some point.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post

You're doing some nice upgrades there. I do have a backup camera, but not side view. Can you tell me more about the side view cams? I wouldn't mind adding that at some point.
I now have experience with and without side view cameras. My 2250 didn't have them but had small convex mirrors under the primary outside rear view mirrors. I was never satisfied with the small convex mirrors. We rented a U-Haul truck and it had much larger convex mirrors that were terrific.

So one of the critical things on my must have list was large convex mirrors or side view cameras.

I now have Both and the cameras are fine but for me the large convex mirrors are much superior and the image is always visible. And it is more natural to look at the mirrors as opposed to a screen in the vehicle.

Bobby

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:56 PM   #6

Quote:

Sure can, they're nice and I'm sure they can be easily added and I do believe the same monitor is used for all three as long as you have the monitor that mounts where the rear view mirror would normally be. Sunseeker mounts the cams just in front of the entry door on the passenger side and just in front of the gen compartment on the drivers and they come on automatically when you turn the turn signals on or you can manually select each cam on the display.

I'm a truck driver by trade so it's kinda strange for me to look up at the rear view mirror when changing lanes and I find the ford mirrors (or whatever brand they are) to be very easy to see out of but that being said I've found myself checking the cams on occasion and I could see where they would come in handy moving around in tight areas and the wife likes them so that's a plus but do not think they are night vision cams like the rear cam is but not 100% on that and I'd have to check. Bottom line if you could buy the cams for a reasonable price and install them without having to upgrade the current system you have then I'd probably go ahead and do it, I do know on mine the control box for the cam system is under the dash just below the steering wheel and mine was just tucked up there and it was causing the dash panel to not be able to clip in all the way so I pulled it all out and straightened up all the wires and fastened the control box to the dash sub frame... So it is or should be easy to get to on yours as well.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards79 View Post
Sure can, they're nice and I'm sure they can be easily added and I do believe the same monitor is used for all three as long as you have the monitor that mounts where the rear view mirror would normally be. Sunseeker mounts the cams just in front of the entry door on the passenger side and just in front of the gen compartment on the drivers and they come on automatically when you turn the turn signals on or you can manually select each cam on the display.
Would it be possible for you to post pics of these outside cams? I'd like to see how they are mounted. If not that's fine, I appreciate.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Would it be possible for you to post pics of these outside cams? I'd like to see how they are mounted. If not that's fine, I appreciate.
I sure will just as soon as I get the coach back from the dealer! I do know there are no screws on the outside and the whole came assembly is probably 1"X1" in size.

But yes I'll snap a few pics when I get it back, I'm not sure what the brand name is on the monitor that's mounted to the windshield but I'm guessing if young onto there wedsite you may be able to see a pice of them on There
Old 08-11-2016, 10:36 AM   #9
Chief tinkerer

Side Camera
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1470929741120.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	116918  

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:51 AM   #10