Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2016, 06:47 PM   #1

2017 Sunseeker 3010 -- not making ice

We just picked up our new unit, 2017 Sunseeker 3010. It has a 4-door Dometic refrigerator with ice maker.

We are plugged into the electricity but running our water thru the fresh tank with the water pump.

Our ice maker is not making ice. The lever is down against the ice maker, but no ice.

According to the documentation it says to make sure the water valve is turned on. We called the dealer and spoke with our salesman and technicians. No one has a clue. We are not sure where this valve would be located at.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Shirley
shirleyj62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:18 PM   #2

The water valve should behind the outside cover to the ref..its a small brass valve...
No-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:22 PM   #3

Remove the wooden panel below the fridge, have to remove the screws. look inside back close to the wall and you will see a small push pull valve that is what turns the ice maker water on and off. I had the same problem, and found this shut off/on valve after exploring. Not sure why they don't address things like this in the manuals.
jimjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 07:04 AM   #4
Chief tinkerer

Hi Shirley and welcome. Same unit as yours. Thought ice maker in ours was broken too but it eventually started making ice. The first batch took 16hrs and the second, maybe 8hrs. Much slower than the one at home. If this is the case with yours (you find that your water valves are open) we now do these things you can try. Turn on the fridge 24hrs before we plan to leave (LP in our case since it is at a storage lot) and then fill the ice bin with ice from home while loading clothes, groceries the next day. It keeps up with just the two of us. We picked up a $99 table top ice maker that we store in the back that we haul out to give more ice when we take our grown kids and grands with us. Hope you get it figured out.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:03 PM   #5

We have the 2016 3010DS and had the exact same experience...it will make ice but takes a l-o-n-g time.
hawkeyesunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #6

Hmmmmm, interesting responses.

We haven't checked behind the panel yet. We did see the brass valve behind the outside refrig door but we did not see a way of turning the brass valve on/off.

Our refrigerator has been running on electric for 48+ hours but we have no ice yet.

I guess we will need to check behind the current, uhm panel door.

Thanks,

Shirley
shirleyj62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:28 PM   #7

Shirley, I see your from Aurora, IL. Thats where I was born, moved to Calif. when I was 11. That was a long time ago though. HA HA
jimjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:26 PM   #8

We had the same problem sunseeker 2860ds. We had to remove the front wooden panel - we found the valve under the unit and to the right. (By the way they never installed the wooden panel so we contacted forest river for one). But that is where it is. Once the lever on the ice maker is down it produces ice within 48 hours after that the volume produced was fine. What drives it is a cellinoid valve (told this Dometic technician)Also I believe the copper valve on the outside is to turn off the propane so we did not touch that. Also when you winterize the water line must be cleared via air - to avoid freezing.
Steveanddianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #9
Chief tinkerer

Hey Shirley. Following up, did we ever get ice and if so, what fixed it?

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:21 AM   #10

Turns out the water valve to the ice maker was turned off.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Shirley
Old 06-04-2017, 12:53 PM   #11
RGG

Shut off valve for 2018 3010DS ice maker (Domestic 1030MIM). Just found it based in this thread: it is in panel under the trudge. At very back left.
RGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:55 PM   #12
RGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveanddianne View Post
we had the same problem sunseeker 2860ds. We had to remove the front wooden panel - we found the valve under the unit and to the right. (by the way they never installed the wooden panel so we contacted forest river for one). But that is where it is. Once the lever on the ice maker is down it produces ice within 48 hours after that the volume produced was fine. What drives it is a cellinoid valve (told this dometic technician)also i believe the copper valve on the outside is to turn off the propane so we did not touch that. Also when you winterize the water line must be cleared via air - to avoid freezing.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170604_132630.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	140068Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170604_132603.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	140069
RGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:41 PM   #13

Good to know where the valve is. But what are the steps for winterizing the water line to the ice maker? I haven't used it because I figured the winterization would be more trouble then it was worth.
Chrisc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:49 PM   #14
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc40 View Post
Good to know where the valve is. But what are the steps for winterizing the water line to the ice maker? I haven't used it because I figured the winterization would be more trouble then it was worth.
If Gidyupgo doesn't jump in here with his pictures soon, I'll dig the pictures out of my PM's and post them.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #15
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc40 View Post
Okay, I finally found what you are looking for over on the Forester threads... CLICK HERE and check out post #19. Now, they are talking about only blowing out the lines, but I did basically the same thing and pulled in pink stuff by using pretty much the same procedure. Then, this spring, I just kept letting the ice maker make ice for about a dozen cycles or so. No more pink ice cubes.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker