Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2019, 04:24 PM   #1

2104 sunseeker 2500TS Chevy will not start

Started fine. Next time use, no start. No attempt at turnover, just nothing. Replaced battery and starter. Still nothing. Someone said something about a battery relay switch may be causing this? Where is that found on this model? Does this model have a passkey anti theft system? Anyone ever have the anti theft system trip for no apparent reason? Any other ideas of what might be the problem? thanks in advance
Old 05-28-2019, 11:18 PM   #2

I have a 2014 2500TS on the Chevrolet platform. I replaced, starter, batteries, ignition switch but intermittent no start condition remained.

Finally i replaced the Crank and Fuel Pump relays. No problems since. The fuse box is inside the engine compartment on the driver's side near the wheel well. The legend is under the lid to the fuse box.

A bad crank relay will cause a no crank, no turnover, dash lights off condition. A bad fuel pump relay will let the engine crank but it won't start. You likely only need one or the other and you can test which one by swapping them with each other.

I bought this bag of 5 of them and now carry 3 spares, the original starter, and original ignition switch (since they were fine in the first place).

Good luck. Let us know if it works. I have done many mods to my 2500TS and know it inside and out. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190529-001013_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	205791
Goatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #3

Thanks. Dash lights are on when key is turned on. Engine does not crank or attempt to turn over, so I don't think it is one of those 2 issues.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasdude View Post
Thanks. Dash lights are on when key is turned on. Engine does not crank or attempt to turn over, so I don't think it is one of those 2 issues.
Yes, but what do the lights do when you turn the key to crank?

You can test for free by swapping with an identical relay
Old 05-31-2019, 04:14 PM   #5

Ditto the issue. There is a spare relay in the fuse block are under the driver side of the hood.
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Started fine. Next time use, no start. No attempt at turnover, just nothing. Replaced battery and starter. Still nothing. Someone said something about a battery relay switch may be causing this? Where is that found on this model? Does this model have a passkey anti theft system? Anyone ever have the anti theft system trip for no apparent reason? Any other ideas of what might be the problem? thanks in advance
Our Georgetown was struck by lightning last year and had the same symptoms. Had to replace the engine computor, alternator, battery and engine sensors. Hope your outcome is better.
John.Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatdog View Post
I have a 2014 2500TS on the Chevrolet platform. I replaced, starter, batteries, ignition switch but intermittent no start condition remained.

Finally i replaced the Crank and Fuel Pump relays. No problems since. The fuse box is inside the engine compartment on the driver's side near the wheel well. The legend is under the lid to the fuse box.

A bad crank relay will cause a no crank, no turnover, dash lights off condition. A bad fuel pump relay will let the engine crank but it won't start. You likely only need one or the other and you can test which one by swapping them with each other.

I bought this bag of 5 of them and now carry 3 spares, the original starter, and original ignition switch (since they were fine in the first place).

Good luck. Let us know if it works. I have done many mods to my 2500TS and know it inside and out. Attachment 205791
Thanks again. Got the 5 relays from Amazon. I tried each relay by swapping in a new one and attempting to start. If it did not, replaced the original relay. I did this to all 5 relays. It would not start. My friends wife said "replace all 5 relays new. You have them. There may be more than one bad relay." Replaced all 5 relays. Cranked right up. We can check ohms and see which one are still good, but I will get another set of 5 and not mess with the old ones. So I have an extra starter as well. Thanks again. You have been a life saver.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:38 AM   #8

What other mods have you done to your Chevy Sunseeker?
Old 06-24-2019, 09:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks again. Got the 5 relays from Amazon. I tried each relay by swapping in a new one and attempting to start. If it did not, replaced the original relay. I did this to all 5 relays. It would not start. My friends wife said "replace all 5 relays new. You have them. There may be more than one bad relay." Replaced all 5 relays. Cranked right up. We can check ohms and see which one are still good, but I will get another set of 5 and not mess with the old ones. So I have an extra starter as well. Thanks again. You have been a life saver.
I'm so glad i could help. Makes me feel good. I did it without any help and it was exasperating. Yes, I carry spare relays too because they apparently go bad for no known reason.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #10

2500TS not starting

We tried to start today and had same issue. Dash lights on, headlights on, but no engine turnover at all. Just ordered a new relay from Amazon, so will try it out when it gets here. Didn't get all 5, since we're leaving soon and there would be a delay in shipment; so just got 1 and it'll be here in 2 days. Wish me luck.
Julie.Stox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:16 PM   #11

Drove the motorhome 2 weeks before, parked it, now no crank, no start … all lights work … FYI - My 2015 Express 4500 Sunseeker - No crank, No start problem turned to be a faulty starter relay per dealer.
ja4781 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, 500, sunseeker