Old 03-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #1

2250 ladder mounting position

I read awilson2ís post on mounting a ladder on his 2014 2250LE and I still have some unanswered questions. I bought a Stromberg Carlson ladder from my dealer. I looked at the drawing posted by bclemens and found that there is no real reference for the measurements given in the drawing. With the curvature of the roof I am hesitant to measure down 6 inches and drill. I would like to start at the bottom and measure up. Does anyone have the distance from the bottom of the back wall to the bottom ladder backing?
Jim

Old 03-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #2

I still haven't added a ladder to my 2250LE. I made an appointment for next week with a local dealer to de-winterize, roof check and LP gas line check my RV. I also asked them to check if it's possible to add a ladder. The shower is on the passenger side in the back . If the ladder has to go on the passenger side, I'm concerned that the shower vent on the roof will cause a mounting problem with the ladder. I think I saw a 2251 for sale with the ladder on the driver side in the back. I'm going to print out the information that bclemens added to my thread and give it to the service people when I bring my RV in next week. The RV is just too expensive to get things wrong. I should have some answers by Friday of next week. The appointment is on Thursday. Hopefully the snow will have gone away so I can get the RV out of my yard.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:15 PM   #3

I still haven't got my RV de-winterized. When I brought it in the clerk said it's too early to have it done. Not sure why the other clerk said to bring it in that early. I had them do a 30 point check and I asked about a quote for a ladder. I printed out my previous thread with ladder backer info. They told me they can do it with an "after market" ladder when I bring it in for de-winterization on 4/15. The ladder will be on the left over the window in the back. If you google "forest river 2251" you will see some new RV's with ladders. I believe the 2251 and 2250 are almost identical. You might be able to see how to mount yours from the 2251 pics.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #4

Smile

Thanks awilson2. I finally just went down to my dealer and measured a ladder mounting points on another Sunseeker. I used the bottom mount as a reference and measured up from there. I had no problems mounting my aftermarket Stromberg Carlson ladder.

Tags
mount