Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #1

2250le

Noob questions so sorry in advance...unit is still a few weeks away from pickup:

Can the 2250LE use either electric or propane for the fridge?

Is there a standard or recommend gas additive for the Onan generator to protect against ethanol problems (ive used original stabil and have heard good things about Seafoam before but im really not sure how often the generator will be used and dont want any probs when I need it)?

How well do Fantastic fans work? Arevthey worth the cost? I dont believe the 2250LE comes with one so trying to decide if i should pick one up since its pretty costly considering its only a 12" fan

As a first time RV owner any suggested RV items that I shouldnt leave home without to be purchased separately day one? This is a broad one I know...heh. thanks though

Thanks

RVelle
RVelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #2

I have not used additives for my generator. Seems this would go into your vehicle fuel tank unless your model has a separate. You need to run your generator monthly for 1 to 2 hours minimum with a load on it! Run your generator when traveling into a Rest Area if necessary or when entering your campground. Operate the generator with a/c running for a load. Don't let it sit for months without running. Very Important!!

On my Forester #3051S, I had fantastic fans installed in all ceiling vents and even changed out the small fan in the bathroom. A strong fan in the bathroom/shower area is necessary for good circulation.

My Class "A" had fantastic fans with wall controls and they are really nice. The ones I purchased for my Class "C" did not have wall controls. But they are easy to operate, just open the vent manually and they turn on. You can preset the fan speed between 1-3 and it also has an IN & OUT switch. The fan will pull fresh air in or pull inside air out. My favorite is pulling air out and opening the windows for ventilation.

Your salesman's or dealer should help you out with basic supplies required. But, they can also have you purchasing stuff you don't really need. Just some basics are: toilet tank chemicals, sewer hose, sewer hose 90 degree elbow with donut and threads, clear elbow, Fresh water hose (white in color), pressure reducing regulator for water hose, electrical supplies: 30amp to 15amp adapter, 50amp to 30amp adapter, 25 ft 30 amp extension cord. I also like to have tire/wheel covers and some type of windshield cover. Some RV's have inside curtains or blinds already installed for the cab area. BTW..covering the windshield from the outside will reduce heat inside.

Standard Fan-Tastic Ceiling Fan Vent without Thermostat - Fan-Tastic Vent CW4000R - Fans - Camping World

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...toss-ins/27121

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...hose-kit/38111

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ead-free/49509

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #3

I believe all the Sunseeker fridges work on electric or propane / 12 volt.

I thoroughly researched the gas additive thing last fall before parking our coach for the winter (drove it & ran the generator monthly but it was mostly parked). I ended up going with Seafoam. Thought it was the best. I'm sure if you ask 10 people though you'd get 10 different opinions. I put it into the fuel tank, drove the unit with the generator on to work it through all the systems.

Never had a fantastic fan (or "create a breeze fan" as I think FR refers to them) prior to buying our Sunseeker where it was already installed. I would never buy another camper without one - or I would add it quickly. Well worth the money. Don't know where you live, how hot / humid it gets, your comfort level, etc. But that thing does an amazing job moving air through (especially with another window open as trwmodela mentioned).
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #4

Winterize & Fuel Stabilizer

YES, if you winterize your RV a gas additive should be used to stabilize the fuel. I thought your question was about adding something during normal summer use. BTW...I live in South, Florida and never winterize my RV. Besides traveling 4-6 months each summer, I take some winter trips in State.

My Antique Auto gets fuel stabilizer when I leave during the summer

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #5

Thanks much Paul and Tim....
RVelle is offline   Reply With Quote