Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2015, 02:49 PM   #1

2290s

Hello folks , long time rver AND my first post here. We currently have a nice, small fiver w/ a slide. We are looking for a small sunseeker class c , in particular a 2290s . Plenty 2300s & 2500ts available , but no 2290s .Finding one seems impossible. If we order one , can it be ordered w/ nothing in the slide ? This would the perfect solution to what we want.Our fiver has two recliners and that is what we will put in the 2290s slide . Thanks
geeman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:20 AM   #2

Hi geeman53,

There is a supply problem with the Chevy version of the 2290S, but I would think that the Ford version is available - there are a few listed on RVT.COM. Also, you should be able to order one without the dinette so that you could retro-fit some recliners. Actually, that's exactly what I intend to do as well.

Regards, Mark...
mbauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:21 PM   #3

I understand Chevy has problem getting the 6.0 engines. We currently have ford 3 valve 6.8 f250 that we couldn't be happier with. I detest the u shaped dinette so that is not an option we want. A dinette is not how we watch tv . After a long day hiking ,a recliner is the perfect way to relax. Knowing that we can order a sunseeker 2290s as we want it equipped is the solution.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #4

I'm with you guys. I am planning to order a 2290 also as long as I can get it on a chevy chassis. A sofa or two recliners in place of the U shaped dinnete would be perfect!
Perhaps BClemens or Josh could comment on this?
swuebbels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #5
Class C Representative

The Chevy chassis is not available at this point in time. Right now they are making the Colorado's in the plant they made the cut away chassis'.

Special orders are on a case by case basis. The U-Dinette delete would be something you need to discuss with your dealer but I can see it being done. We don't offer anything in the way of recliners to replace put in that space though.
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:26 PM   #6

Our 2290S custom order(NO DINETTE ) will be submitted very soon . An excellent price and trade in from our local dealer.We will start cleaning out the fiver tomorrow . Yahoo !
Old 08-29-2015, 10:56 PM   #7

Good luck geeman. I'll be interested in seeing what you do to that space. I'm going to wait awhile to see if the chevy chassis becomes available.
swuebbels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:22 AM   #8

Please post pics before and after of your space.
rlchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:40 AM   #9

No U dinette,swivel seats & half time convection oven were cleared by F.R. Also,we were told that next spring doesn't look good for the Chevy chassis. Currently having a Ford 6.8- 3 v engine w/ 50 K and having no problems what so ever and super pulling power, we will give up a little passenger space and happily accept a Ford.
One question - what are the dimensions of the u dinette ,in particular -the width ?
Will post b&a pcs, Thanks G
Old 08-30-2015, 10:35 AM   #10
2012 Solera

Type C availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
The Chevy chassis is not available at this point in time. Right now they are making the Colorado's in the plant they made the cut away .
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...sue-91153.html

Chevy not available; Ford on hold for vibration issue? Sounds like only Mercedes Sprinter is shipping?
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:13 AM   #11

JLeising ,thanks for the link .Can't wait to to talk to dealer .
Old 08-30-2015, 11:32 AM   #12

Make sure you will be able to fit the recliners you want through the door. My friend's recliners can only be removed if a slide is taken out.

Bruce
Old 08-30-2015, 03:00 PM   #13

The recliners in our fiver replaced a sofa and all went thru the same size door.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #14

It appears that 2290s is on the f350 chassis ,not f 450. Question -Is the vibration problem related to both or just f450 ?
Old 09-29-2015, 09:05 PM   #15

Smile Joshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
The Chevy chassis is not available at this point in time. Right now they are making the Colorado's in the plant they made the cut away chassis'.

Special orders are on a case by case basis. The U-Dinette delete would be something you need to discuss with your dealer but I can see it being done. We don't offer anything in the way of recliners to replace put in that space though.
Joshua, I am about a year to a year and a half out from buying. Not sure if I'll purchase used or new, but probably new. When would be the best month (s) of the year to purchase with a Chevy Chassis?

I'm not locked into the 2290S, I just want a 24-26' with a dedicated bed that is always made up. A bedroom slide is attractive, however, it seems like when the slide is in the bed folds.

Your thoughts and recommendations are appreciated.
Xhevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:25 AM   #16

Today ,we are picking up our new 2016 2250 slec . When we went to order the 2290s , we saw a just arrived 2250 le on a Chevy. We sat in a 2300 ford and the 2250 le chevy and it became a no brainer , the chevy was way more comfortable ,plus we have no three month wait, or worry about the new ford tranny. How long the dinette stays in is another question. We have a topper for the walk around split bed, being how hard it is. The 24' 4" length and potential of 2250 is awesome ! Don't get me wrong,we will have to add certain items but the dealer price will help .
Old 09-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman53 View Post
Today ,we are picking up our new 2016 2250 slec . When we went to order the 2290s , we saw a just arrived 2250 le on a Chevy. We sat in a 2300 ford and the 2250 le chevy and it became a no brainer , the chevy was way more comfortable ,plus we have no three month wait, or worry about the new ford tranny. How long the dinette stays in is another question. We have a topper for the walk around split bed, being how hard it is. The 24' 4" length and potential of 2250 is awesome ! Don't get me wrong,we will have to add certain items but the dealer price will help .
We too just bought a 2251 Chevy.
I am in the process of changing out the dinette right now for 2 recliners and varying table types (small flip out cocktail table from the wall and a round dinette table in the floor mount)
We bought the recliners from camping world- kinda small but ok for my wife and I. I am also modifying them for lift and angle.
They are made to get through an RV door- 2 pins and clips removed.
Will also have to relocate the electrical sockets to the wardrobe wall and retrim around the floor- fill any holes necessary. I will keep one floor anchor to tie up the chairs when in motion.

We also installed a swivel for the passenger cab seat.
This makes for seating for 3 very comfortable. We will add another folding chair for a fourth seat for happy hour gatherings.

I will photo in process and when done.

Here is one photo from our maiden voyage where I removed the forward bench and put one of my house recliners in for a test.

Total Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
We too just bought a 2251 Chevy.
I am in the process of changing out the dinette right now for 2 recliners and varying table types (small flip out cocktail table from the wall and a round dinette table in the floor mount)
We bought the recliners from camping world- kinda small but ok for my wife and I. I am also modifying them for lift and angle.
They are made to get through an RV door- 2 pins and clips removed.
Will also have to relocate the electrical sockets to the wardrobe wall and retrim around the floor- fill any holes necessary. I will keep one floor anchor to tie up the chairs when in motion.

We also installed a swivel for the passenger cab seat.
This makes for seating for 3 very comfortable. We will add another folding chair for a fourth seat for happy hour gatherings.

I will photo in process and when done.

Here is one photo from our maiden voyage where I removed the forward bench and put one of my house recliners in for a test.

That looks great. I have been wondering about putting two recliners or a reclining sofa to replace the bed in the slide out of my 2013 SLEC.

Also wondering about enlarging the bathroom area which is way too tight for my girth.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
That looks great. I have been wondering about putting two recliners or a reclining sofa to replace the bed in the slide out of my 2013 SLEC.

Also wondering about enlarging the bathroom area which is way too tight for my girth.
It's going to make movie watching pleasant.
I will start a thread with photos when I get done...hopefully this weekend.
Total Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #20

T.L. ,we are on the same page. What you have done looks great,and we will do the same . Right now , we are in love w/ the 2250. The rumble of the 6.0 sounds great.Two recliners, a swivel base and a wall table will go in next spring . In the fifth wheel we just traded in,we did to same thing w/ two recliners and yes- watching movies w/ a Denon receiver driving 5 speakers w/ a Boston sub under the dinette was the best .We kept the Denon ,center speaker and the sub. If I can -I will install the Denon in the 2250. I love great sound . HAPPY HAPPY !