Old 04-09-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
2300 12 volt install

How difficult would it be to place a 12 volt plug in at the head of the bed. I place my c pap machine in the cabinet above the bed and it works great. Need power when we boondock. There is a 12 volt at the foot of the bed where we run a fan but wouldn't want to run wires across the bed even if they would reach.

Jdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:47 PM   #2
2300 12 volt install

We have lights just over the head of the bed on the bottom of the overhead cabinet. Could you remove one of those fixtures to expose the wires and tap on there? You could add a 12 volt receptacle in the cabinet itself.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
RvBill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
I have a 2650, so the breaker box and wiring consolidation is under foot of bed. I use a CPAP and have the 12V power supply. I have a fantastic fan in bedroom, I tapped into the wire that provides power for the fan (but originates under bed in same box as water tank, pump etc) and snaked the wire for my 12v female plug up out of the box and layed it along side the bed.

I almost always run the CPAP and the fantastic fan at the same time and have had no problems. Ive had same CPAP, power supply etc for 2+ years.
bubbleup is offline   Reply With Quote

12 volt