Old 09-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
2015 Sunseeker 2300
2300 owners opinions please

I apologize if this is not in the right format or "thread" but I am seeking opinions of any 2300 owners. PROS and CONS we are looking to order one in the next month. We are ordering with a sofa vs the dinette. Does anyone have this floor plan and did it give you anymore floor space? There are only 2 of us and we are opting for the smaller unit because of length (easier to handle) and price. My husband has had a stroke but can drive and test drove the 2300 on the highway and did very well. Hoping we are making a good choice. Thanks for all opinions..suggestions

Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:34 AM   #2
We love our 2300. We got the U-shaped dinette and like it. The table is mounted on a single column and we rotate it 90 degrees when sitting (but not eating). Gives extra leg room. Don't know how it would be with a sofa there. We do find that with the limited counter space the dinette table is often used as extra work space.

The 2300 is easy to drive and can be maneuvered in city traffic and parking lots very well. We got the Chevy chassis which gives more leg room up front, especially for the passenger and allows easier access from front seats to back of coach--handy when passenger wants something from fridge, etc. Chevy seems to have a more stable ride from the start. Ford owners often report a need for front end alignment after a couple thousand miles--but Forest River will pick up tab for that if needed and then all is well. Chevy gets 1-2 mpg better mileage, but that is not a big deal.

Ordering the optional BBQ grill includes the installation of a quick connection on the side of the MH to the propane tank for the grill. This is a handy feature. Long after that grill is gone, the connection will be used for future grills.

Make sure the corner bed works for you. We don't mind the little inconvenience of climbing in because it's just part of the compact floor plan. May make a difference if you have mobility issues.

If you have other questions, just ask. Many happy 2300 owners here.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
RvBill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
We love our 2011 Sunseeker 2300. The configuration is perfect for my wife and I and the fit and finish is a bit better than we have seen on our previous travel trailers. The one exception was the kitchen and bathroom sink faucets which were cheap plastic. I'm much happier since replaced these with some reasonable quality home units.

Ours is on the Ford V-10 E450 chassis which performs well (with the matching gas mileage of around 10 mpg that seems about normal for these Class C's. This also gives us the option of towing if we decide to in the future. We have done about a dozen long and short trips in the 2300 and have had no real problems.

The curved dinette and flip up extension on the dining table are nice options that make it possible to seat some company for dinner. We also appreciate the extra counter space provided with the flip up counter extension beside the sink. The down side to this is it's in the way of the entry door when raised. For this reason it has been nick-named the "head bonker" for the number of time it has clobbered people stepping up into the RV!

Good luck!

Jim G.
jgrant911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:53 PM   #4
Do like our 2300. Just returned from a 5500 trip to the west coast. have a ford and best gas mpg was 8 towing a car. The corner bed does have its challenges. We are both in our 60 s and not little anymore. I found I had to roll over on my stomach and crawl backwards off of the bed. The mattress was very comfortable. We have the dinette and did miss a comfortable chair. I often would put the dinette down and stretch out to read. I am very comfortable with the size of the unit and would have no problems traveling without my husband with just the grandkids. I would think twice about a corner bed if you have mobility issues.
Jdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #5
We originally looked at the 2300 and went with the 2450S. Basically a 2300 with a slide. Not much more than a 2300 model but we did upgrade to full body paint and entertainment system. But I could not imagine having ours without a slide. The one slide really opens up the kitchen/dining area. We love ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
markangie24 is offline   Reply With Quote