Old 11-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #1

2300 Satellite dish readiness

Just ordered a 2300. I read on the Lexington subforum the discussion "TV Cable Question". As I understand it, there will now be two wall plates: One serving as a jumper location where the sat receiver can be tied in, and then the traditional booster one. I modified the plate on our last RV so I get what is being done and I think it's a good plan. I'd have preferred a second incoming dedicated cable for the sat dish, but I can do fine with what you're installing.

So on the 2300, are those wall plates up by the TV location above the cab bunk? Is there a cabinet or shelf where I'll be able to put the DISH receiver? Or do I need to come up with something? Is there other additional hardware, such as the Magnadyne 5/3 switcher I saw discussed in a thread about one of the larger Sunseekers?

If anyone has a photo of the area in question for a 2300 or equivalent, I'd love to see it. Thanks!

Old 11-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
GM

Wall plates are by the TV.
On the 2300 there is not really a spot for the Dish receiver. In many of our floor plans there is a cabinet there. You'll probably need to add something. I know with OUR Dish network option (dome and receiver) we mount it over the door. That's still a brand new options so I don't know much about it.

This set up will eliminate the switch box that did not play well with Sat feed.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #3

Thank you Brian. Does the 2300 come with the Magnadyne switcher box? Is there any cabinet at all above the door like on other models? It sounds like you're saying there is no cabinet at all.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
GM

As noted. On this design we eliminate the switch box.

No cabinet above the door on Sunseeker. Only Forester.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 11-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #5

OK thanks. It's a glass half full thing for me; I'll install a nice looking fenced shelf or open cabinet to hold the 211k DISH receiver, the external HD, and the remotes.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #6

Did there used to be a cabinet on the 2300? Here is a photo from a 2014 I was getting a price on at a dealer in KY. Maybe they just used a stock photo from another year, I dunno. The exterior definitely showed it as a Sunseeker and not a Forester. The FR site's floorplan show a cabinet too, but I know things change. As I mentioned, it may be just as well for me personally if there is no cabinet, but I thought I'd show this photo in case things have changed back to a cabinet.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
GM

Could be...just so we had a place to mount the TV. Not supposed to be there...but sometimes the plant will do things like that because its easier to install for them.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #8

My 2012 2300 has a cabinet over the door.

Tags
satellite