2014 Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:27 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Snowman9000 View Post
By way, did the new 2390 get scrapped?
Do you mean the 2290?

Daddio62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:53 PM   #13
No, I just lost track of it on the FR page. The 2390 is shown on the Ford Transit chassis.

Sunseeker Motorhomes by Forest River RV

2014 Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:30 PM   #14
Thor is making a rear slide queen murphy bed walkaround option.
When the slide is closed, there is a bench to sit on.
Interesting ideas in the small B rigs.
"If you are going through hell..keep going"
W. Churchill
Total Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:45 AM   #15
2015 Sunseeker 2300
I would take the twin beds as well if I had the option
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #16
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
Keep them coming. We love the ideas!
With all the ideas about size, room layout, slider design, etc., I'd like to add a couple of different thoughts:

1) If the water system needs to be protected by a pressure regulator, why isn't that included in the unit? It's just a small cost item, even less when bought in bulk, and doesn't add much weight. But it's essential, right, so why leave it to the unsuspecting new owner?

2) Since the electrical system needs to be protected from voltage spikes, shorts, etc., once again why not build the surge protector/EMS right into the unit. Yes there's a small weight tradeoff on this, but if it's essential to protect all the electronics then why not include it and not leave the unknowing owner to their first bad experience?

For comparison, our unit came with pre-installed winterization bypass valve and suction tube. The dealer never used it because they pressure clear the lines and use their own pump system to add antifreeze through the city water connection. I'll probably use it this winter. But just as a point comparison, why was this convenience feature included when essential features were not.

I'd also like to seem some thought given to replacing the "industrial" light switches with regular household type AC switches. Also why mount some of them on the control panel not on the walls where one would expect them? And also why mount the control panel so high in the unit it's hard to reach and see? - and it has no panel light to illuminate the switches in the dark (or should I turn on the house lights and wake everyone up to see what's on/off?).

I just wanted to suggest looking as some of what users would like to see in some of the more overlooked features or one that might be "we've always done it that way" (although in some cases I'm sure there are other reasons...).

2016 Forester 2401R
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote