Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2018, 06:11 PM   #1

2400R MBS, Dead circuit to rear bedroom reading lamps, need help

The bedroom led reading lamps and outside rear storage compartment led lights don't work on our 2016 2400R MBS. I shorted out the curcuit while attempting to tap into it to power a tire pressure monitoring system. .. I think. I traced the curcuit back to the fuse panel and the #8 fuse (marked bedroom) tested good.

Is there an inline fuse I missed? Or, is there another cause?

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks
sonofrocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:06 PM   #2

I would go through all fuse panel and check each fuse. It sounds like reading lights and compartment lights are on different circuit.
sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:41 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice. I double checked the fuses, all read good. I also rechecked the wire run. I saw no inline fuses. The wire runs from the fuse panel towards the rear behind and under the water heater. Then to the driver's side where it goes to 4 LED lights; the 2 bedroom reading lamps and the 2 outside rear compartment LED lights.

This has me stumped....
Old 06-29-2018, 11:20 PM   #4

I suppose that you could check the point where you tried to tap into the circuit

Not sure if there is value to check to see if there is power at the light/switch. Could be weird to have the switch fail and not letting power down the circuit.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:00 AM   #5

Thanks for the support, sask.

Problem fixed. Turns out it was the 15a fuse after all. Go figure. I'll chock this one up to the summer heat and maybe a couple brain farts along the way.

Regarding the tpms booster hook up.... Looks like a "best" location is at the generator 12v power-in connection. Easily accessible and doesn't affect any other circuits.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 06-30-2018, 10:26 AM   #6

Glad you found the problem.

Good luck with your upgrades 8)
Old 06-30-2018, 04:18 PM   #7

Not sure, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofrocketman View Post
Thanks for the support, sask.

Problem fixed. Turns out it was the 15a fuse after all. Go figure. I'll chock this one up to the summer heat and maybe a couple brain farts along the way.

Regarding the tpms booster hook up.... Looks like a "best" location is at the generator 12v power-in connection. Easily accessible and doesn't affect any other circuits.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forest River Forums mobile app
Not sure what the "generator 12v power-in connection" is, but it sounds like it might be fused for high amperage, or not fused. If you're going to tap in for a TPMS, you might want to use a 5 amp (or so) inline fuse between the tap and TPMS.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote