Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2014, 10:22 PM   #1

2500TS Wannabe

We are seriously considering purchasing the 2500. Does anyone out there that has one care to comment with your likes and dislikes? Also, how are you handling not having a ladder. I know I have used the ladder on our current motor home a lot in order to clean/inspect the roof and maintain the vents.

Thanks for any input!
pcryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Pretty sure the 2015 models are coming with the ladder. Just fits on the driver side. I'm not sure there is backer in there on the older ones, I'd have to check.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #3

How can I find out for sure about the ladder being on the 2015? That would put us one step closer to a decision
Old 06-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #4

I just saw pics of the 2015 on rvtrader and it showed the ladder!
Old 06-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #5
Commercial Member

That's good, because I was in flight and the plant was hard to see from my seat.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:29 PM   #6
RV Nomad

We have had ours for a year now, and absolutely love it. Easy to drive because its shorter, parks easy, too. Sure, there is no couch, but there are only 4 of us, 2 adults and to young kids, and we all fit in the dinette. We also have the swivel passenger seat, that comes in handy when we are stuck inside. It's amazing how much room 3 slideouts give a small 27 foot RV. The rear slide queen bed basically turns it into a 30 footer.
Things to consider; the split mattress in the back isn't the most comfortable; we bought a 2 in. memory foam pad for it, now its better than the one in my house! The slideout slides in just fine even with the foam pad on the split mattress, it just folds right up. Make sure to get the back bedroom TV. Our dealer told me over the phone it had the TV, we showed up to look at the unit, no TV. He made good on his word and installed one.
I do wish I had a ladder. I use a ladder at home to access the roof. Brian, mine is a 2013 model. I doubt it has the backers, but could you confirm that for me? I always look at the space on the drivers side rear and thought, they could fit a ladder there no problem. Well, I guess I was right!
Old 06-28-2014, 01:06 PM   #7

Thanks for the information. That is what I am looking for. Any reason you didn't go with the drivers swivel seat? Do you have the Chevy or the Ford?
Old 06-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #8
RV Nomad

The unit we bought was already on the dealer lot when we bought it, we didn't custom order. They only ordered the passenger swivel seat. Ours is on the Ford chassis.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:10 AM   #9
Sunseeker 2500TS owner

Sorry for the late post but just saw yours. We have had our 2500TS for about 14 months. We love it, it drives easy, lots of power from the engine and with the 3 slides it has lots of room. I would like to have a ladder but so far do not miss it. Both front seats swivel, but we seldom use the drivers side, but passenger side swivel is very useful. I put 60 lbs in air bags, makes handling much better, with low pressure in bags it does sway some. We also put foam pad from Costco on bed, it helps a lot. Over cab bunk is big and sleeps two easy. Any questions let me know.
Good luck. Emory in MD
ejkkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:12 PM   #10

My 2014 has been awesome. I'm only at 2500 miles but have over fifty nights on it. Next month I'm going to Burning Man in Nevada, which will add about 6000 miles. Mine did come with the ladder. I don't think it was dealer installed but not 100% sure, thought the salesman said it was factory. I'll have to look at my option sheet to know for sure. I love how big it it is when the slides are out and I actually love the mattress in the rear bedroom. Storage is more than adequate. I also have the Chevrolet 4500 chassis and am happy I waited to get it that way. I converted every light to LED and I've done plenty of others mods to make it just right for me. I moved the rear tv to the dinette and have a matching mount outside the door over the outside entertainment center. So I just quick detach it from it's dinette mount to the outside mount. I then bought a blu-ray dvd and 22" tv for the bedroom. With the 32" TV over the front bed, it seems like overkill but that's how I roll. I've added additional LED strips outside to the awning roller that change colors with a remote and I have added a lot of upgrades to the kitchen and bathroom too. 3M hooks everywhere keep things off the floor. There's a bunch of other mods that I've done and I've fixed every warranty issue myself rather than drive a hundred miles to a dealer. Would I buy this particular one again? Yes, I would. It is the RV for me.
Goatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #11

2500tsc owner

March owner 3/14 delivery, ordered 12/13 from Flagg RV. Had dealer add 320 watts solar, replaced cab battery with 4 six volt batteries (440 AH). We boondock a lot. Wife and 3 large dogs. Love the Chevy platform- better handling and mileage, lower towing capacity- we don't tow. Ladder came with it, and all internal lights led from the factory. Radio does a lot- refrig runs cold, ordered with convection microwave instead of oven, gave us an additional drawer. Went for a class C vrs Class A due to the 3 doors- don't like single door units with the 3 dogs.
THarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #12
Sunseeker 2500TS owner

Does anyone know if you can put a ladder on a 2014 2500TS?
My 2500TS is about a year old and does not have a ladder. If so where to get one?
Thanks
Emory MD
ejkkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #13
Commercial Member

Backer would be in the wrong spot for factory ladder.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #14

THarlow, Hello. Where did they put the 4 six volt batteries (440 AH). Did they fit in the step?

DavidMPDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #15

mounting of 4 six volt batteries

They are mounted in 2 battery boxes installed in the rear passenger side compartment, along with all of the inverter and charger electronics. Solar Elite Charging System (320 watts) | GPElectric
THarlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags