Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #1

2650s with the couch instead of dinette - what years?

Newbie here. We have a Jamboree Class C with the rear corner bed. Due to a family member's health issues, we are seeking to upgrade to a walk around bed, no more than one slide, a couch in the front, and as short as possible. The 2650 with a couch instead of the dinette seems like the ideal option. I'm noticing on the 2014 brochures that the couch is no longer shown. What years from 2005 - current offer the couch instead of the dinette? Is there an option on the 2014 model to have it special ordered?

Perhaps others have better suggestions for a different rig to consider as well. Our current one is 24' (25.5 actual) on a Chevy chassis. It's been an excellent rig; I know that I would be giving up some footwell room on the passenger side on the Ford chassis. I can live with that though. I want to be under 29 feet actual if at all possible.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #2

You can also look at a Solera R on the Sprinter chassis. You don't lose the foot space, it is a diesel, so better gas mileage. The Solera's are 25 feet total - like your current MH. They are more expensive, though.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
Commercial Member

You can still do the sofa in the 2650...its just an option. Or you can do a 2500 on a Chevy, which is the triple slide. I think we can do a sofa on that one as well. Or do the U-Shape. The table is removable and it will serve as a sofa. Maybe not quite as comfortable.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #4

The U shaped dinette is very versatile. We loosen the table and rotate it on the pedestal 90 degrees to make for more comfortable sitting when relaxing. We remove it entirely when granddaughter is riding with us in her car seat secured to dinette seat. It gives her foot room and makes it easier for grandma to sit next to her.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #5

Thanks and pondering

Thanks for the replies. If I ended up with a used one that has the dinette, is it a difficult swap-out to the couch or not?

The Solera is nice - just that the kiddos (1 boy, 1 girl) need separate sleeping spots so I need 3 sleeping locations total.

I see a local dealer with an '08, Sunseeker 2900 with 11k miles for $35k (no slides, but just a few inches short of 30 feet) that can fit the bill, but the length comes into play then - makes one wonder if an A of that length is just as good of an option (tighter turning radius typically).

Still would like to stay in the shorter length/C chassis though.

First rig was 22'; current is 25'. 30' poses some problems in the covered storage area that I'm currently at.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #6

Can the solera 24R have a couch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
You can still do the sofa in the 2650...its just an option. Or you can do a 2500 on a Chevy, which is the triple slide. I think we can do a sofa on that one as well. Or do the U-Shape. The table is removable and it will serve as a sofa. Maybe not quite as comfortable.
Ok - so can the solera 24R have a fold down couch and table instead of the dinette?
Old 10-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderso View Post
Ok - so can the solera 24R have a fold down couch and table instead of the dinette?
rvdirect lists it as an option on 24/r and 24/s so i guess yes.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #8

It is relatively easy to find a Solera 24R with the sofa, but the 24S is rare to find online. This is the only one I have come across so far: 2014 Forest River Solera 24sled, Bulls Gap TN - 111138455 - RVTrader.com
slow is offline   Reply With Quote