Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #1

Wink 2860 and Surge Guard

Sorry if this is a repeat but I could not locate any info about where to install the Surge Guard in my 2860. One would think that under the bed before the power panel. I have not lifted the bed yet to look. Thought maybe someone already has one mounted so I can just use their location. It's simplier to ask than to go and move a bunch of stuff off the bed and lift. Since ours is a new one I do not even know if there are support bars for the lifted bed.

Thanks in advance.
Wildkats66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:36 AM   #2

I just mounted one under the bed in my 2300. Removed the mattress and removed screws to take the plywood off. The transfer switch is mounted there (switches from shore power to generator) inside an electrical box. The wire out of that had lots of slack going to the power panel, so I cut it about 18 inches out and used that as the input to the surge guard. Used the slack and routed it to the output. Mine has remote display, so mounted it under the power panel on the facing of the bed, drilling a small hole for the wire. Mounted surge guard to the metal framework of the bed. It was an easy job. By wiring after the transfer switch, it protects both shore power and generator power.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #3

2012-2013 2250le

Lookiing for owners of the 2250LE . What are the pros and cons. Would you buy again. We really like this model and the price point seems like a no brainer. We found a 2013 under 50,000. we believe this is a fair price any advice? We looked at 2012 wonder if they added a TV option in the bedroom on the 2013. We would appreciate any feed back. It will be used by 2 adults.
wallyz5 is offline   Reply With Quote