Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2016, 11:10 AM   #1

2860 outside kitchen tv

I get cable antenna and CDs movies to play. But is there away to get music from the radio or cd music to play on tv speakers thanks
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:20 AM   #2

Good thought, but no way that I'm aware of. I also question the purpose of the speaker switch that is on the cabinet end on the left when one is going down the stairs to exit the rv. I have no clue as to what that switch switches. I had my dealer replace mine as it had no function so figured it was bad. Well he replaced it, and still no function even by the dealer has been found for the switch. If anybody knows what the switch does, I'd appreciate the info!
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:46 AM   #3

So you got movie on dash eve to play on outside tv on your 2860? If so how did you go about doing this.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:54 AM   #4

Ya not sure what the switch is for. I don't have a boom box speaker system just cieling. As far playing movie open tv cabinet box look for exterior tv push button
Old 04-05-2016, 08:04 AM   #5
Class C Representative

On the newer models the switch is for outdoor speakers.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:38 AM   #6

What kind of out door speakers where would they be or should have been. I looked on 2860 model options out side speakers wasn't on there but there was a upgrade seround boom box for inside? Thanks
Old 04-05-2016, 09:49 AM   #7
Class C Representative

I'll get with our engineer on that. On our newer models it is for our outside speaker system.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:12 AM   #8

Mines a 2014 ford with Jensen radio gps CD player in dash and Jensen tvs
Old 04-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #9
2015 Sunseeker 2300

for the record we are NOT happy with our Jensen radio hope to find a way to replace it
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:25 PM   #10

Is it the radio or the unit. I'm looking for another place to mount a antenna . My stations don't seem to stay then it starts searching. And it's not just in PA . I've gone to s Dakota to S Carolina
Old 04-06-2016, 07:12 AM   #11
2015 Sunseeker 2300

We have a Jensen radio with a GPS DVD and a bunch of other stuff but it is terrible to try to understand every time you turn off the ignition the radio sound goes away you have to turn it back up the buttons to select GPS DVD etc are so small you can hardly select the right one there are 2 books of instructions on how to use it we cant even figure out how to set the clock the touch screen does not touch well you really have to push to get it to select it is just a pain when you are driving if I could find something else to fit in that spot I would change it in a minute an throw this piece of trash away..I do believe it was the most inexpensive radio Forest River could find so they used it ..as far as finding and locking into stations no we hardly get any stations the passenger has to continually search for a station unless you are in a big city we get WSB because we live close to Atlanta but when we travel we are without radio unless the passenger searches
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:55 AM   #12

On the 2860 DS (and perhaps other models) the DVD player is the in-dash radio system. It is fed to the TVs throughout the coach, the individual TVs do not have DVD players in them.

And Gingsnap, like you, I'm a big AM listener, talk shows, sports, nostalgia stations and the like. AM reception is horrendous on a class C due to the antenna being located under the front overhang. When I ordered my unit, I specifically asked that the antenna be located on the coach roof, out in the clear, better reception in doing so.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outdoor kitchen