Old 07-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpaden View Post
generator fuel pump issues?
fuel pump and generator? Seems like two different things.. please explain what happened... I have a new 2860 on order and would like to know how and what to check before I get on the road.

Thanks
The fuel pump on the Onan generator was defective. Nothing that you can really check prior to hitting the road. My best advice is to run the generator (Onan) for a couple of hours and then let it sit for a few days and then run it again. My Onan has logged approximately 10 hours since the fuel pump replacement without any issues.

Hopefully this helps with the clarification.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #12
Newbie 5th Wheeler

That makes sense... guess I should do some reading and learn how to do maintenance on it. I obviously don't know much about generators. Thank you very much for the nice explanation... I should have realized it had its own fuel pump.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #13

Smile

I have a 2013 2860 with 9hr on the genet and so far ok. Also I would buy some spare fuses and put in the distro panel for future use.

The only incidents I have had is the outside reefer popping the breaker last Mon. It might have tried to kick on when the A/C kicked on and popped it then.

Other than that it's sweet MH and running great. Still getting 9.9-10mpg with the 4500 Chevy.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #14

FYI on the fuel pumps- if you have one go bad, find a cummins-Onan service centers, on there website. They are great and They almost always have them in stock. We are on our third pump with 20hrs. On it.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #15

dstankov
Did you get any manuals on the converter or fuse panels to show what the fuses are for etc? I didn't receive quite a few manuals or any info on my 2860DS.. Including Skyworth 22" TV, convection/microwave, and stove top.. Did you get any of those? So the panel by the door is for the Batteries and probably etc. I'll look under the box in the bed although I have the slide there and arranged differently.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparky View Post
dstankov
Did you get any manuals on the converter or fuse panels to show what the fuses are for etc? I didn't receive quite a few manuals or any info on my 2860DS.. Including Skyworth 22" TV, convection/microwave, and stove top.. Did you get any of those? So the panel by the door is for the Batteries and probably etc. I'll look under the box in the bed although I have the slide there and arranged differently.
The distribution panel is on the bed box at the end closest the wardrobe. Inside the door of the distro panel is the label identifying the breakers. I did receive manuals for the TVs, mine are all Jensen models, and the microwave but I do not recall a manual for the stove. The Microwave in mine is just that, a microwave with no convection. As for the stove, I just completed my sixth trip in a year and the stove has never been used. All our cooking has been done outside using the grill. My wife preps the meal inside and I cook it outside. Even put a toaster in the outdoor kitchen for breakfast in the morning. The only things I wish FR did is a little more space between the counter and the bottom of the cabinets so a coffee pot would fit and install an inverter for the outdoor frig. All things considered I enjoy the 2860.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #17

I did not get a manual on the Air Con but I called up Forest River in Des Moine and she sent me one. Also some vender websites have them to download. You will just need the model and serial number...sometimes.