Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #1

2860 Power Distribution Panel

I may have missed this during my walk through on delivery, or old-age CRS has hit, but can anyone enlighten me on where the main 30 Amp breaker and the 12v distribution panel is located within a Sunseeker 2860?

My Sunseeker was plugged into shore power at the house (dedicated 30 Amp breaker on the house) and my coach batteries were dead after three days of being away. I need to see if the breaker has tripped for some reaason or another. As a note, everything was shut down during my absence.

Thanks in advance.
dstankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #2

Mine (Coachmen) was under reefer. When you find it also look for 15 amp brk. To converter power feed. From converter to battery is an inline breaker or resettable fuse 12 volt maybe 50 amp.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #3

That 12 volt fuse will be closer to the battery.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #4

I am so much of a novice with everything related to electric besides changing a lightbulb but here's my input...

For my '13 3100...

There is an electric access panel to something (not sure what) in the stepper door area on the left as you go in.

There is a fuse panel (for the coach stuff) in the bed base on the passenger side.
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

This is what your looking for ?

Name:   WFCO__51557.1272905483.120.120.jpeg
Views: 390
Size:  3.5 KB
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Name:   19-0586-color.jpeg
Views: 445
Size:  30.0 KB
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
I am so much of a novice with everything related to electric besides changing a lightbulb but here's my input...

For my '13 3100...

There is an electric access panel to something (not sure what) in the stepper door area on the left as you go in.

There is a fuse panel (for the coach stuff) in the bed base on the passenger side.
Thanks,

I went out and started digging. The panel at the entrance is the control panel (fuses and breakers) for the coach batteries. I found the main panel in the base for the bed and when I looked I found one of the 15 Amp breakers was tripped. This is a 2014 2860 and I had to take it in to have the generator fuel pump replaced (1.2 hours of run time on the gen) and I don't know if they forgot to reset the breaker after service or if something tripped the breaker. I am going to monitor the situation and see what happens.

The good news is that the 12V bus is in the same panel and it appears as thopugh there are 5 or 6 empty slots for additional assecories (e.g. a macerator pump hookup).

Thanks to all for the replies.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #8

Dstankov, we are in the fuel pump club. 2014 2900 and mine went bad at 2.6 hrs. All good now.
4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #9

My dealer's service advisor said they were having some generator fuel pump issues on the 2013 and 2014 Sunseekers. However, I did not allow the time to go to waste. While they were waiting the 3 days for a fuel pump I had them install vent covers on the two vents and the fantastic fan and adjust the topper on the bedroom slide. The topper was not allowing the slide to fully extend. So far the fule pump and tooper adjustment are the only issues found and I am happy with the rig.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #10
Newbie 5th Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
My dealer's service advisor said they were having some generator fuel pump issues on the 2013 and 2014 Sunseekers. However, I did not allow the time to go to waste. While they were waiting the 3 days for a fuel pump I had them install vent covers on the two vents and the fantastic fan and adjust the topper on the bedroom slide. The topper was not allowing the slide to fully extend. So far the fule pump and tooper adjustment are the only issues found and I am happy with the rig.

generator fuel pump issues?
fuel pump and generator? Seems like two different things.. please explain what happened... I have a new 2860 on order and would like to know how and what to check before I get on the road.

Thanks
hpaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpaden View Post
generator fuel pump issues?
fuel pump and generator? Seems like two different things.. please explain what happened... I have a new 2860 on order and would like to know how and what to check before I get on the road.

Thanks
The fuel pump on the Onan generator was defective. Nothing that you can really check prior to hitting the road. My best advice is to run the generator (Onan) for a couple of hours and then let it sit for a few days and then run it again. My Onan has logged approximately 10 hours since the fuel pump replacement without any issues.

Hopefully this helps with the clarification.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #12
Newbie 5th Wheeler

That makes sense... guess I should do some reading and learn how to do maintenance on it. I obviously don't know much about generators. Thank you very much for the nice explanation... I should have realized it had its own fuel pump.
hpaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #13

Smile

I have a 2013 2860 with 9hr on the genet and so far ok. Also I would buy some spare fuses and put in the distro panel for future use.

The only incidents I have had is the outside reefer popping the breaker last Mon. It might have tried to kick on when the A/C kicked on and popped it then.

Other than that it's sweet MH and running great. Still getting 9.9-10mpg with the 4500 Chevy.
Wildkats66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #14

FYI on the fuel pumps- if you have one go bad, find a cummins-Onan service centers, on there website. They are great and They almost always have them in stock. We are on our third pump with 20hrs. On it.
4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #15

dstankov
Did you get any manuals on the converter or fuse panels to show what the fuses are for etc? I didn't receive quite a few manuals or any info on my 2860DS.. Including Skyworth 22" TV, convection/microwave, and stove top.. Did you get any of those? So the panel by the door is for the Batteries and probably etc. I'll look under the box in the bed although I have the slide there and arranged differently.
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparky View Post
dstankov
Did you get any manuals on the converter or fuse panels to show what the fuses are for etc? I didn't receive quite a few manuals or any info on my 2860DS.. Including Skyworth 22" TV, convection/microwave, and stove top.. Did you get any of those? So the panel by the door is for the Batteries and probably etc. I'll look under the box in the bed although I have the slide there and arranged differently.
The distribution panel is on the bed box at the end closest the wardrobe. Inside the door of the distro panel is the label identifying the breakers. I did receive manuals for the TVs, mine are all Jensen models, and the microwave but I do not recall a manual for the stove. The Microwave in mine is just that, a microwave with no convection. As for the stove, I just completed my sixth trip in a year and the stove has never been used. All our cooking has been done outside using the grill. My wife preps the meal inside and I cook it outside. Even put a toaster in the outdoor kitchen for breakfast in the morning. The only things I wish FR did is a little more space between the counter and the bottom of the cabinets so a coffee pot would fit and install an inverter for the outdoor frig. All things considered I enjoy the 2860.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:03 PM   #17

I did not get a manual on the Air Con but I called up Forest River in Des Moine and she sent me one. Also some vender websites have them to download. You will just need the model and serial number...sometimes.
Wildkats66 is offline   Reply With Quote