Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #1

2860DS Outside Kitchen and Shower Drain (3 Tank hookup) Questions

I have a couple questions. seems like the shower separate tank is kind of crazy for long stays hooked up. Is the outside kitchen plumbed into gray water or shower tank or have its own tank?

I'm guessing you can T the shower tank into the sewer line when hooked up? I was told not to keep the black & Gray water tank open when hooked to the sewer as solids would build up in Black tank. I wouldn't think this would be a problem for the grey or shower tank. Except to flush the line with the gray tank.

What is the best way to run all the tanks when hooked up, open closed etc. What kind of sewer line setup do you run with the 3 tank setup? Not wanting to mess with every thing daily

Thanks
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:03 PM   #2
Always Learning

Different style of camper, but I have 5 waste tanks and 2 sewer connections.

I carry a "wye" that had bayonet fittings on the ends. I run hoses from my sewer connections to the "wye" and then the wye either to another hose or straight to my 90-degree elbow for the site's sewer connection (depending on how far I have to go).

I personally leave my gray tanks open and only close them about a day before (or 2-3 showers worth) before needing to dump my black tank. There was a poll on the forum and there didn't seem to be one consensus about having the gray open or closed.

The black should stay closed until you're ready to dump. That's not a debate. That's a rule.

I also have clear fittings always on my sewer connections. As gross as it seems- I like being able to see how my tanks are emptying.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:10 AM   #3

thanks for the ideas, I have to figure out whats going on with the outside kitchen. I figured a Y would have to be used.

still looking for more ideas and info on the 2860DS

Thanks
Old 05-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #4

Update: 2014 2860DS
we went camping for a couple days (shakedown cruise) we were told we had 3 waste tanks, Black, Gray, and Shower. I was wondering which tank the outside kitchen used so here's the answer. Black Tank, Gray tank, and Galley Tank are correct names.. Galley tank is for the outside kitchen waste water ONLY.. There is not a separate shower tank as we were told, the shower is hooked up to the gray water tank.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Correct
1. Black
2. Gray
3. Outside Kitchen.

We could not get enough slope to get the outside kitchen into the gray tank by code. We did not want to have a little "manual pull out tank" so it got its own. That is the one that is below the wall, not in the compartment. It's way oversized, but it was a stock tank and we figure it won't be heavily used.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #6

Its nice that way, just have to get a Y adapter for long term and leave the gray and galley open and black closed.. In all honesty the galley tank probably would not have to be emptied for weeks., or when we leave the camp site. I might just wait on that

Tags
drain, show, shower, tank, outdoor kitchen