Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #1

2900 Owners?

Hello, we are seriously considering ordering a Sunseeker 2900 for our first motorhome, from a travel trailer. Any opinions or reviews from any 2900 owners out there? We like the length, price and simplicity of the unit. Our family consists of 2 adults and 2 younger children. We have certainly found roomier models with slides, but it seems pretty comfortable and easier to pack up and drive from the campsite. Thanks for the input!
4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #2

I have a 2900, no slides. if you search "2900" you will find posts i have done reviewing the rig, problems, etc... We r 2 adults, usually 2, 14 year olds and a dog. Any specific questions you can send me a direct message. we like our unit, my wife wishes we got one w/ a slide for more room.

Mike
Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #3

Hi

We've had a 2900 since October with two trips on it now. It's our third RV, a 28 ft Chieftain and a 20 ft class C before. We've enjoyed both trips. Impressive are the amount of people room (ours has the dinette slide). Primary annoyances were the small size of fridge, the placement of the GPS ant which causes signal drop out every hour or so, and the almost total lack of documentation that accompnied the unit. Almost all is generic and the only way that you can determine which applies to your unit is to track down model nr and serial on each - and it ain't easy. If you do buy one, I think that you'll find that the queen bed, the over-the-cab bed and the couch bed would handle your family w/o having to fight the dinette conversion. While the drivers seat is certainly comfortable enough, its no where close to the captain's chair I had in the Chieftain.

good luck

geri
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geri View Post
Hi

We've had a 2900 since October with two trips on it now. (ours has the dinette slide).
Huh... You sure you have a 2900. 2900's have NO slide. Dinette slides only can be found in the 2450, 2650, or 2690.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 AM   #5

Sorry

Right on - fumble headed it. Its a 2690SF
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:41 AM   #6

i had. 2900 before. i sold it and downsized to a navion itasca sprinter w a slideout. i have 2 kids and 2 adults. kids like the navion itasca wc is 25 feet. it feels roomier due to slideout. with the 2900, we constantly have to say excuse me if were in the couch with feet up on the dinette seats, i prefer having a slide out now that i have experienced both. mine was a 2011 2900 sunseeker. if you want simplicity when leaving, just dont extend it. u still have the option if you want the extra space.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #7

If you think you will sell the motorhome in a few years, consider the resale value. Most Class C's today have slides. My guess is that most people looking for a used motorhome will want a slide. My guess is that a motorhome without a slide will appeal to a smaller market and may be harder to sell. That's hard to say because when you sell you may have exactly what the first caller wants.

There's about $4,000 difference between a new 2900 and a new 3100. You would get at least some of that back when you sell, maybe all of it.The dealer from whom we purchased our 3100 said it is the most popular floorplan.

Of course, one can debate the merits of each, such as the 3100 weighs about 1000 pounds more, and slides do give trouble.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #8

Thanks for all your input folks! I think we may just end up doing the 2900. We got a really good price on it, and I think it may meet all of our needs. We rarely just sit around our camper unless the weather is bad, and on those days we may just drive to town and go to the mall. We all love being outdoors, biking, hiking and just exploring. We lose some legroom inside, but the outside storage is enormous, and we wont have to have any concerns over leaking or stuck slides, and from some of what I read, the structure may be a little stronger. When you have two precious kids sitting on the couch, you dont want to think about a slide coming out in minor accident or something. Thanks for all your opinions!
4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote