Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2014, 08:03 PM   #1

3010/3011DS slide motor.

My 3011DS is only a week old and my Swchintek bedroom slide has failed. I have already done all the trouble shooting and have narrowed it down the hall sensor on the forward motor.

If it was not for the price of the motor $200 + I would replace it my self. I don't feel confident with the quality of work from my dealer, but that is only because I'm very meticulous when it comes to quality of work. I'm a quality assurance inspector for aviation maintenance.

I'm going to schedule some warranty work to be done by the dealer in the near future. We are waiting on parts to show up before we schedule the drop-off date (parts are already on order). New rearview/blinker camera and monitor system (static pop when blinkers are on), new kitchen cabinet (laminate peeling off). And now I need to have them order a slide motor.

My question is does anyone know what motor is used on our slide?
Schwintek motor SKU: 236575 $200.49 Lg-42; 10mm or Schwintek SKU: 287298 $249.55 high torque 500:1

I am asking because I don't want to take my rv to the dealer expecting a relatively quick turnaround only to find out they have the wrong parts and will have to make a second trip or leave it with them for an extended amount of time.

Thanks for any help.

Will N.

PS: I still love our 3011DS. Just wish there was a better QA inspection before the product left the factory. I have already fixed a bunch of nickel dime problems and have a few more to go. All of them could have been caught with a 30 minute walk through from a vigilant inspector.
kodiak ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:12 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak ak View Post
My 3011DS is only a week old and my Swchintek bedroom slide has failed. I have already done all the trouble shooting and have narrowed it down the hall sensor on the forward motor.

If it was not for the price of the motor $200 + I would replace it my self. I don't feel confident with the quality of work from my dealer, but that is only because I'm very meticulous when it comes to quality of work. I'm a quality assurance inspector for aviation maintenance.

I'm going to schedule some warranty work to be done by the dealer in the near future. We are waiting on parts to show up before we schedule the drop-off date (parts are already on order). New rearview/blinker camera and monitor system (static pop when blinkers are on), new kitchen cabinet (laminate peeling off). And now I need to have them order a slide motor.

My question is does anyone know what motor is used on our slide?
Schwintek motor SKU: 236575 $200.49 Lg-42; 10mm or Schwintek SKU: 287298 $249.55 high torque 500:1

I am asking because I don't want to take my rv to the dealer expecting a relatively quick turnaround only to find out they have the wrong parts and will have to make a second trip or leave it with them for an extended amount of time.

Thanks for any help.

Will N.

PS: I still love our 3011DS. Just wish there was a better QA inspection before the product left the factory. I have already fixed a bunch of nickel dime problems and have a few more to go. All of them could have been caught with a 30 minute walk through from a vigilant inspector.

I had a hall sensor fault showing on the front motor on my 2703SS. It was the harness. I would disconnect at the motor and clean out the female connections with a wooden qtip or awl. On mine there was plastic flash from the moulding that caused a poor connection.

Brian
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #3

Thanks for the info.
I checked all the wires with a multi meter. All wires ring good with no opens. Cleaned connectors while I was at it and swapped the motor plugs (motor 1 to motor plug 2 and motor 2 to plug 1 on the control unit) problem stayed with motor 1 confirming it was not a bad controller. The slide still works in manual over ride which ignores the hall sensor.

Will N.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #4

How do you manually override?
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
How do you manually override?

The circuit board is located under the bed on my 2014 3011DS.

PDF manual
http://dutchmen.com/image/data/docum...InWallWebD.pdf

Will N.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:47 AM   #6

good job on the video Will. Hope when my 3011ds shows up
the quality will be better. I'm with you on fixing the little
stuff, I then know it is fixed for good.

Phelpo
phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide