Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2015, 07:58 PM   #1

3010 outside TV cracked

Just picked up a 2015 3010 in February. I went out today and opened the door for the outside TV and found that it has a crack in the upper left corner of the frame, not the screen. When we picked it up it was fine. Anyone else have this happen? Not sure if water could have gotten in that corner and wound up cracking it. I'm assuming this would be covered under warranty.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #2

I should ask, does anyone remove the TV over winter as a precaution? I've never had an outside TV, and no one at the dealership said anything about doing that.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:36 PM   #3

I used to remove the TVs and take them inside over the winter. However I don't think the recent newer models have an issue with screen freezing. My Toyhauler and MH are stored inside so that helps with extreme temps but I did not bring any of the TVs inside this winter and all still work ok. However I was told not to turn a TV on if it is below freezing or the screen might get damaged. Don't know if it's true because I don't camp if temps are below 40 degrees.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Dealers store them outside during the winter as well... So crack could be some other cause maybe?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:42 PM   #5

Portable or built in GPS have been in vehicles for years with no issues with the screens. I have 3 flat screen tv's in my trailer with no problems and it's pretty cold in Ottawa

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:22 PM   #6

I remove all 3 of my tv's when stored to deter thieves the tv's are easy to remove. If you have a CH751 compartment key you certainly what to remove the tv, those are a standard key on many RV's. I changed all my compartment locks to a tubular lock like on vending machines.
edcronin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:24 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian217 View Post
I should ask, does anyone remove the TV over winter as a precaution? I've never had an outside TV, and no one at the dealership said anything about doing that.
My camper has "2" one inside and one outside.
I've never removed them.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:34 PM   #8

Good point about the keys and security. The issue with those storage doors I think even if locked it would likely take about 5 seconds to unlatch one side and just grab and tear the locking side off. Good only for keeping honest people out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #9
Tinkerer and Putterer

The TV on our 3011 Forester, a close cousin to your 3010 SS, had issues with the outside TV contacting the bolts on the tabs that hold the door closed. If I had let things continue untouched the frame probably would have cracked. I placed some electrical tape on the contact points which kept things from getting worse. Perhaps a pic of the cracked frame might provide some clues?
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:15 PM   #10

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1429038833.258351.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	74254here is a picture of the crack in the upper left corner of the TV. I checked if it lined up with the latch, but it does not. Hadn't been open since we checked it out at the dealership. I just wonder if it had a weak spot from the start.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:38 PM   #11
Tinkerer and Putterer

IMO it looks like a corner hit from the top left and down but I'm not an expert. Mine had little round spots where the bolt heads contacted and yours definitely doesn't have those.
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:03 PM   #12

Just bought a 3170ds last weekend and ours came with the exterior tv broken like that. The dealer ordered one and ours works fine and is just cosmetic.
6inthefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:20 AM   #13

Just wanted to put an update on this. The dealer where I bought it from submitted the problem to Jensen and said they are ordering a new one. Mine is just cosmetic, but I will be getting a new one under warranty.