Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2015, 07:33 PM   #1

3010 TV Questions

I wasn't able to play a DVD from the Jenson in the dashboard to the kitchen TV. I found out it's a bad a/v cable going to the TV. The prong on the video cable was bent and someone just jammed it into the input on the TV anyways. I wanted to replace the wire, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. Does anyone know if it's one big cable that goes directly to the Jenson unit in the back or is there an amplifier that maybe the kitchen TV and outdoor TV go to? Speaking of the outdoor TV, I thought I was told the DVD player should go to that, but it does not play on there. I have all the settings correct, but nothing. I should say too, I did get the DVD to play on the kitchen TV, but I do want to replace the broken cable. Lastly, anyone change the bracket in the kitchen TV to something along the line of the swinging bracket the outside TV has? Putting the TV back on the existing bracket took some effort and I'm really not sure I got all 4 screws onto the existing bracket. I don't know if I really need the swinging type bracket, but I'd like to be able to see that it's hooked up right.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:22 PM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434824014.255197.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	80559Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434824049.320197.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	80560
So I had several questions about the TV. I answered some myself. I really like the bracket that holds the kitchen TV, but for the life of me, I couldn't get it back up. I attached a photo of the bracket I got at best buy for $10. It holds up to a 55lb. TV. I just drilled new holes into the existing bracket. It makes taking the TV off and putting back on very easy.
I had asked about the Jenson DVD player going from the front cab to the outside TV. In my walk through the tech said there was a DVD player that went to that TV, but didn't show me. I guess I should have asked. I thought it had a built in DVD player in the TV the way he talked. Looking at it today I noticed what I thought was just a radio outside had a button that says "open." Theres the DVD player. Maybe if I looked at manuals I would have seen it sooner.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian217 View Post
Attachment 80559Attachment 80560
So I had several questions about the TV. I answered some myself. I really like the bracket that holds the kitchen TV, but for the life of me, I couldn't get it back up. I attached a photo of the bracket I got at best buy for $10. It holds up to a 55lb. TV. I just drilled new holes into the existing bracket. It makes taking the TV off and putting back on very easy.
I had asked about the Jenson DVD player going from the front cab to the outside TV. In my walk through the tech said there was a DVD player that went to that TV, but didn't show me. I guess I should have asked. I thought it had a built in DVD player in the TV the way he talked. Looking at it today I noticed what I thought was just a radio outside had a button that says "open." Theres the DVD player. Maybe if I looked at manuals I would have seen it sooner.
We just bought a 3171 and did our walk thru yesterday. We have 4 TV's, with one outside. All have DVD players in the radio or built in the TV but the one over the cab. That one plays dvd's thru the dash radio. One thing we didn't know was that none of the TV's will play the DVD's in HD because they are all connected with A/V cables not hdmi or component.
Does anyone know if the Dash dvd's will play on any other TV's
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #4

I think they changed it, but I had a 2013 3170 that had a switcher that connected all 3 tv's to it so you could watch the DVD on all 3 at the same time. I think I've read that they don't use the switcher anymore.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:29 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to MSGCOONS
Anyone know how to remove the living room TV in a 2013 3010DS. Would like to replace mount with a swivel type mount.
MSGCOONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGCOONS View Post
Anyone know how to remove the living room TV in a 2013 3010DS. Would like to replace mount with a swivel type mount.

I put a post on awhile ago when I was having trouble putting my tv back in the existing mount. I like the mount, just difficult to get all 4 plastic pieces back in the slots. I put a basic mount that was $10 at best buy that comes off very easily, but locks when you put it back.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1437323873.136713.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	83347