Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #1

3010DS AV question

My wife and I are picking up our new 2013 3010DS on Saturday from Tom Raper. So Excited!!!

Question is... I noticed on the AV switch box that there is a outside AV selection but I cant seem to see where the coax jack is. Is that just an option on the box, or should there be a coax jack out there somewhere?

I use Satellite while out so I assume that I will have to make some changes to the coax input on the driver side connection. I have had to do this on all my trailers before this so I am assuming ill have to put a sat splitter in front of where the coax goes into the antenna booster?
osgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #2

Also

Also, are all 2013 3010ds models standard with Gas/Electric Water heater? I did not see an electric option on the house control panel.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by osgood View Post
Also, are all 2013 3010ds models standard with Gas/Electric Water heater? I did not see an electric option on the house control panel.
FR uses Dometic water heaters. The electric on-off switch is on the heater itself. Remove the outside access door. It is in the lower left corner, partially hidden behind the gas line. It should have a pin in it that needs to be removed to operate. A good reminder that turning it on with no water in it will fry the element.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osgood View Post
My wife and I are picking up our new 2013 3010DS on Saturday from Tom Raper. So Excited!!!

Question is... I noticed on the AV switch box that there is a outside AV selection but I cant seem to see where the coax jack is. Is that just an option on the box, or should there be a coax jack out there somewhere?

I use Satellite while out so I assume that I will have to make some changes to the coax input on the driver side connection. I have had to do this on all my trailers before this so I am assuming ill have to put a sat splitter in front of where the coax goes into the antenna booster?
That option is just part of the box.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #5

Congrats on the Sunseeker! I got mine from Raper also last June. We love it. Picked up some TPMS a few weeks ago to install.

Still figuring out the AV system but I love the camper so far. We should compare notes. Are you towing 4 down?
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #6

If you are going to be at the Columbus store, I will be there in the morning also. Good luck!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #7

Tpms?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #8

Tire pressure monitoring system
Old 02-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #9

Ahhhh. I should have know that. I have dealt with that in my jeep.

Yes. We are picking up our 3010 today at the Columbus store. Then heading back home for a overnight tinker-athon. Loading it all back up with our gear. I may have them dewinterize it for us so we can use it tonight as she goes to the warm garage when we get back home.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #10

Great. I'll probably be there around noon. If I see you I will say Hi! If not I'm willing to share any questions you may have.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #11

Hey thanks Mike. I am pretty excited.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #12

I bet you are!