Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #1

3010DS Closet Issue

A few months ago, the rack to hang clothes on fell on my side of our closet. I figured it was because I had way too many clothes hanging on it and got a small plastic dresser thing to put my clothes in.

Today, DH (who has way fewer clothes) opened his closet and the rack had come loose from the top. We went to the store and bought longer screws. The ones there were one inch screws and we got two inch ones. But, it appears there is no wood there for them to screw into.

Any ideas on how to fix this? It looks like the screws were just put into the drywall. That won't hold any kind of weight. Is there any wood in the ceiling above the closet?

This is a 2011 Sunseeker 3010 DS.

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Should be backer up there, maybe it just got missed.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #3

Any ideas on how we can repair it? the far left screw appears to be in wood. It is still holding on. None of the other three appear to be going into wood. Should the screws be longer than two inches?

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
Commercial Member

longer? no. a 1" screw would be fine if it hit backer. 2" is likely deeper than the backer is. I'll go see what the backer looks like.

or use a hollow core door anchor.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #5

I'd be careful as a 2" might penetrate the roof, and you will have a whole other set of issues.
NCIC105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #6

My closet hanger in my 2250 fell down, only two screws in it. I put in a traditional pole with three screws in each side socket. The cabinets are double wall so the screws don't protrude. The walls are thin but I believe this will work.
biglou847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglou847 View Post
My closet hanger in my 2250 fell down, only two screws in it. I put in a traditional pole with three screws in each side socket. The cabinets are double wall so the screws don't protrude. The walls are thin but I believe this will work.
Sorry I thought they went into ceiling!.....My .....My bad!
NCIC105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
Sorry I thought they went into ceiling!.....My .....My bad!
Hey, not your bad, the original hanger was in the ceiling. I just figured I had a better chance of getting the new one to hold if it was placed in the walls. Besides, I could then use a regular rod instead of the stamped metal piece which has lots of slots. Yes, the original keeps things from sliding but is a pain to put the hangers on it. I'm just picky.
biglou847 is offline   Reply With Quote