Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #1

3010ds ice maker

Just got a new Sunseeker my question is for the ice maker to work I know it has to be plugged in shore power in other words, the valve the on off valve is it pushed in to turn it on or pull it out to turn it on frigerator been plugged in for 2 days still not making nice also does the hose have to be attached to the RV or will it draw off the water tank thank you
kitejunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitejunky1 View Post
Just got a new Sunseeker my question is for the ice maker to work I know it has to be plugged in shore power in other words, the valve the on off valve is it pushed in to turn it on or pull it out to turn it on frigerator been plugged in for 2 days still not making nice also does the hose have to be attached to the RV or will it draw off the water tank thank you
I think it is embossed on the top of the push pull valve but I think it needs to be pushed in. The ice maker will work off the holding tank but then your water pump will have to be on and there must be water in the tank. Otherwise shore water is required. Yes it is AC power just like home so either generator or shore power required.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:49 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply, I got another with a flashlight and was able to read the knob it needs to be in to have the water on still no ice I'm sure I need to give it a little more time do you know if the house battery selector switch has to be turned on I have it plugged in and the fridgerator is working with the house batteries off do I need them on to get the ice maker going thanks
Old 06-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #4

No. If your fridge is on and set to run on AC the ice maker has power but your battery/batteries will not be charged. The only one I'm not sure about is the residential fridge which uses an inverter (12 vdc converted to 120 vac) for power. Not sure if the converter supplies the 12 volts to the inverter with the battery disconnected. Don't disconnect your battery so it will charge while connected to shore power. It does take time for the ice to be made but does seem like 2 days is excessive. Stick your finger in the ice cube maker to see if the water is cold and/or freezing then you'll know.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #5

So when I'm connected to shore power keep my batteries in the on position so that way they will charge if the batteries are off they won't charge correct thank you for your time
Old 06-04-2015, 06:17 PM   #6

Yes if you want your batteries to charge while connected to shore power (on board converter supplies the charging voltage). If your converter does not have a charging float feature just check the batteries occasionally to make sure the plates are covered with water and add if necessary. I see you may have the double door fridge and therefore the battery being connected is not required and your fridge will work from propane. If not connected to shore power battery is required for propane operation. If connected to shore power either AC or propane function will work. I think you have the auto mode and that will select the available power (shore power AC having priority). The ice maker will only operate with AC power and water pump must be on (draw water from holding tank) or shore water must be connected. If you have an onboard generator just substitute that for the shore power comments here. Hope I didn't confuse you. Good day.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:06 PM   #7

Thanks so much you're the only person replying to my issues. Still no ice I have shore water connected and shore power, I push the knob in under the stove. Freezer is definitely cold I'm seeing ice forming on the walls but no ice in the ice maker. Wondering if there's another valve that must be turned on?
Old 06-04-2015, 08:16 PM   #8

If you are not completely level the water coming off the condenser inside the frig, will not go down the drain, and run down on to the floor, It's a small mistake with a scary out come, Good luck
tony262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitejunky1 View Post
Thanks so much you're the only person replying to my issues. Still no ice I have shore water connected and shore power, I push the knob in under the stove. Freezer is definitely cold I'm seeing ice forming on the walls but no ice in the ice maker. Wondering if there's another valve that must be turned on?
Does your coach have an access panel to the back of the fridge on the outside of your coach? If it does there might be a shut off valve there for the ice maker. That is where mine is but I have a different coach. You do have the ice maker lever down of course? Wish someone with your specific coach would chime in. Sorry.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:39 AM   #10

Thanks for the reply!
I have a access panel on the outside and can not find any kind of switch. I am plug into shore power, shore water, on even ground and the fridge is on the coldest setting. Fridge has been running for 4 days now. I located the ice maker water pump in the out side access and it is getting water. Anyone out there with the sunseeker 3010 who can help?
Thanks Andy