Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #11
Member
 
parpar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 94
What is the fiberglass front cap? What is the stock one made of?

I assume it is the over cab portion of the rig?

Do all full painted rigs come with clear bra? I was a little shocked to see i have clear bra on the front of overhead cab portion to.



Two house batteries are stock now on the 3010ds.
__________________

__________________
parpar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Islamorado Fl Keys
Posts: 232
thanks for your replies

anyone else?
__________________

__________________
phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by parpar1 View Post
What is the fiberglass front cap? What is the stock one made of?

I assume it is the over cab portion of the rig?

Do all full painted rigs come with clear bra? I was a little shocked to see i have clear bra on the front of overhead cab portion to.



Two house batteries are stock now on the 3010ds.
The fiberglass cap is the front over cab portion. I have never seen a new unit without the cap so it's probably like a mandatory option. The stock front is fiberglass just like the walls and has joints (not like the one piece cap) that are prone to leaks. You want a one piece cap. Most other manufacturers are going to one piece caps as well.
I have a painted body with the clear plastic protection as well. It's part of the full body paint option. Unfortunately it does not cover the upper section of the front cap like I think it should.

Dual house batteries became standard with the 2013 models.
__________________
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13
I've had my 3010DS for three weeks now. Love it. I would ask for the bathroom fan to be replaced with a better quality one. I would also add a fan (reversible) to the bedroom. I also wish the living room fan was reversible. I replaced all light bulbs with LEDs but I don't think this is an available option. I got these these.
The four door fridge is also a great option.
I got mine fully loaded pretty much. I didn't want regrets later and I surely don't regret getting any of them now. I think this is one of the perks/benefits of buying new. You have the options, so take them.
__________________
gsevilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Mike001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 151
I have the 3010 DS, did not get the double fridge, my wife wishes we did. Love the storage, counter space and outside TV. Cant wait till spring to use it!!
__________________
Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #16
Member
 
rhroll24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsevilla View Post
I've had my 3010DS for three weeks now. Love it. I would ask for the bathroom fan to be replaced with a better quality one. I would also add a fan (reversible) to the bedroom. I also wish the living room fan was reversible. I replaced all light bulbs with LEDs but I don't think this is an available option. I got these these.
The four door fridge is also a great option.
I got mine fully loaded pretty much. I didn't want regrets later and I surely don't regret getting any of them now. I think this is one of the perks/benefits of buying new. You have the options, so take them.
I saw on the Facebook page that the LED's are part of a "running" change and so should start coming soon. We'll be get our 3010 the beginning of March, we'll see... I also agree about taking the options since ordering it from the factory. Skipped the satellite disk and the cab over entertainment, but pretty much got everything else..
__________________
MH Sunseeker 3010 DS (2014)
rhroll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #17
Member
 
parpar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsevilla View Post
I've had my 3010DS for three weeks now. Love it. I would ask for the bathroom fan to be replaced with a better quality one. I would also add a fan (reversible) to the bedroom. I also wish the living room fan was reversible. I replaced all light bulbs with LEDs but I don't think this is an available option. I got these these.
The four door fridge is also a great option.
I got mine fully loaded pretty much. I didn't want regrets later and I surely don't regret getting any of them now. I think this is one of the perks/benefits of buying new. You have the options, so take them.
I bought some LEDs on line. They are only about 75% as bright as the stock incandescent bulbs.

How do the ones you bought compare to the brightness of the stock bulbs?
__________________
parpar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13
They're less bright, but not by much in my opinion. The stock bulbs are too bright for my taste (too harsh). These are a bit more mellow. In fact, I'm still looking for dimmer LEDs for the bedroom. And I might keep the stock bulb in the bathroom. I like maximum light for shaving.
__________________
gsevilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsevilla View Post
I would ask for the bathroom fan to be replaced with a better quality one. I would also add a fan (reversible) to the bedroom. I also wish the living room fan was reversible.
I've replaced the stock vent fan in the bathroom with every RV we've had. The first time I bought the fantastic fan with thermostat and reverse option. I didn't use the reverse option much at all but I did use the thermostat feature for when our TT was stored. I felt it would vent the heat out the camper in the summer. Problem with that is I noticed a stain on the floor under the fan. Investigation led to that when rain storms passed over, it cooled the camper shutting off the fan. Without the fan on - rain water splashed in (even with snorkel vent cover) landing on the floor below where it stayed damp for ??? eventually staining the linoleum.

Any way, the last two fantastic fans I bought have been just a 3 speed exhaust only and I've been happy with them. By coincidence it is the exact same fan the FR uses in the living room. The fan upgrade in the bathroom is a must in my opinion - especially if have more than just a couple people staying in the camper.
__________________
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:43 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Collinsville, IL
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsevilla View Post
They're less bright, but not by much in my opinion. The stock bulbs are too bright for my taste (too harsh). These are a bit more mellow. In fact, I'm still looking for dimmer LEDs for the bedroom. And I might keep the stock bulb in the bathroom. I like maximum light for shaving.

Check superbrightleds.com They have many different leds of various brightnesses. We used dimmer ones over the bed and a couple of other locations and brightest ones over bathroom sink, etc. They will give you guidance with a phone call or online chat. They are located in suburban St. Louis and ship immediately. I have been to their facility and they are great people to work with. Just got leds to convert all my clearance lights to led. They helped me get the right ones.
__________________

__________________
2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
RvBill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.