Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2014, 10:46 AM   #1

3010DS owners who are you

Ok we are about ready to order the above rig from RV Direct. What options
didn't you order that you should have?

Also, has anyone added a small refer in the rear storage?

Thank you for your reply.

Phelpo
phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #2

I would have got the leather seats. I'm having leather and seat heaters installed next wk.

If you can get all led lighting I would get it.

Make sure you have the 7500 lb hitch.

The fan in the bathroom sucks. I changed it out for a fantastic fan.

Otherwise they are nice equipped.

We also added an electrical outlet on the rear window side of the bed.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #3

I bring a small apt size fridge w/ me, then set it up outside. Saves on ice. I thought about adding an outlet in the rear storage. It would be nice it FR provided one back there.
Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #4

good input, leather is out due to me sweating. Adding a outlet in the rear
storage would probably be a good idea.

Phelpo
Old 01-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #5

[QUOTE=phelpo;534110]Ok we are about ready to order the above rig from RV Direct. What options
didn't you order that you should have?

Also, has anyone added a small refer in the rear storage?

Thank you for your reply.

Phelpo[/QUOTE

I am in about the same place as you. Just ordered from RVDirect this week as well. Expected delivery in about 10-12 weeks.

I got most of the options except only went with the single standard TV above the kitchen counter. We just aren't big TV watchers so didn't want 3 or 4 of them. Of course, also didn't get the satellite dish for the same reason. Pretty much got everything else!

One option that I wasn't going to get but ended up getting was the driver and passenger swivel seats. I was skeptical because I have seen previous attempts at this in Class Cs that were poorly done. I was able to see them in person and they work well and are usable.

I got the 4 door refrigerator so I don't think there would be a need for an extra fridge in the back. Although I don't see why it couldn't be done if you wanted to.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
I would have got the leather seats. I'm having leather and seat heaters installed next wk.

If you can get all led lighting I would get it.

Make sure you have the 7500 lb hitch.

The fan in the bathroom sucks. I changed it out for a fantastic fan.

Otherwise they are nice equipped.

We also added an electrical outlet on the rear window side of the bed.
I'm still awaiting mine (ordered mid Dec) pick up early March. So I really haven't had time to "miss" anything yet. I got the leather and swivel seats. I've seen pictures with the swivel seats and I think the layout of the 3010 works well with them (some models don't have any room behind the passenger seat). The downside, is that once swiveled, they really sit right on the floor. For me, this is no problem, but for others, it might be. For kids, I'm sure it would be great and it does allow a little extra living room seating. I think I'm glad I got them from what I could see...

As far as the 7500 hitch, that was one thing I really liked as well. I'm pretty sure they became standard sometime last fall. All of the current literate lists them now as standard.

I don't know if it is an option to have the factory install a different fan in the bathroom ? Also, did you do the outlet yourself or have it done by the factory or dealership ?
Old 01-30-2014, 12:10 PM   #7

They another question, what is the difference between sunseeker and forester?
Old 01-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #8

Our 3010DS is due at the end of February. Our ordered options are:
Fiberglass Front Cap
Heated remote Mirrors
Side view Cameras
Grill
Wood refer panels
Convection Oven
Upgraded mattress
TV over counter
Surround sound
Fantastic fan
Arctic Package
2nd aux battery, but I think this is standard now?

We went with Maple color cabinets to help lighten up the inferior.
doctinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhroll24 View Post
I'm still awaiting mine (ordered mid Dec) pick up early March. So I really haven't had time to "miss" anything yet. I got the leather and swivel seats. I've seen pictures with the swivel seats and I think the layout of the 3010 works well with them (some models don't have any room behind the passenger seat). The downside, is that once swiveled, they really sit right on the floor. For me, this is no problem, but for others, it might be. For kids, I'm sure it would be great and it does allow a little extra living room seating. I think I'm glad I got them from what I could see...

As far as the 7500 hitch, that was one thing I really liked as well. I'm pretty sure they became standard sometime last fall. All of the current literate lists them now as standard.

I don't know if it is an option to have the factory install a different fan in the bathroom ? Also, did you do the outlet yourself or have it done by the factory or dealership ?

My dealership did all the additions. With the help of Mr Clemens, they got me the 7500 lb hitch. I had the fan replaced with a fantastic fan which is much nicer and quiter. The factory fan in the bathroom was horrible. The new one sucks air out or blows it in. Cool. I also had the rear window seal replaced under warranty. The dealership also added the outlet.

So I'm happy for their service. Cost me about $900 for everything. Not cheap but it's done.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:19 PM   #10

update....ordered a Forester for the same price as a Sunseeker. A new
buddy on here told me about another dealer in Oh who did a great
job on pricing for me.

Thanks for all the input

Phelpo
3011DS
Old 02-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #11

What is the fiberglass front cap? What is the stock one made of?

I assume it is the over cab portion of the rig?

Do all full painted rigs come with clear bra? I was a little shocked to see i have clear bra on the front of overhead cab portion to.

Two house batteries are stock now on the 3010ds.
parpar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #12

thanks for your replies

anyone else?
Old 02-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by parpar1 View Post
What is the fiberglass front cap? What is the stock one made of?

I assume it is the over cab portion of the rig?

Do all full painted rigs come with clear bra? I was a little shocked to see i have clear bra on the front of overhead cab portion to.

Two house batteries are stock now on the 3010ds.
The fiberglass cap is the front over cab portion. I have never seen a new unit without the cap so it's probably like a mandatory option. The stock front is fiberglass just like the walls and has joints (not like the one piece cap) that are prone to leaks. You want a one piece cap. Most other manufacturers are going to one piece caps as well.
I have a painted body with the clear plastic protection as well. It's part of the full body paint option. Unfortunately it does not cover the upper section of the front cap like I think it should.

Dual house batteries became standard with the 2013 models.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #14

I've had my 3010DS for three weeks now. Love it. I would ask for the bathroom fan to be replaced with a better quality one. I would also add a fan (reversible) to the bedroom. I also wish the living room fan was reversible. I replaced all light bulbs with LEDs but I don't think this is an available option. I got these these.
The four door fridge is also a great option.
I got mine fully loaded pretty much. I didn't want regrets later and I surely don't regret getting any of them now. I think this is one of the perks/benefits of buying new. You have the options, so take them.
gsevilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #15

I have the 3010 DS, did not get the double fridge, my wife wishes we did. Love the storage, counter space and outside TV. Cant wait till spring to use it!!
Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsevilla View Post
I've had my 3010DS for three weeks now. Love it. I would ask for the bathroom fan to be replaced with a better quality one. I would also add a fan (reversible) to the bedroom. I also wish the living room fan was reversible. I replaced all light bulbs with LEDs but I don't think this is an available option. I got these these.
I got mine fully loaded pretty much. I didn't want regrets later and I surely don't regret getting any of them now. I think this is one of the perks/benefits of buying new. You have the options, so take them.
I saw on the Facebook page that the LED's are part of a "running" change and so should start coming soon. We'll be get our 3010 the beginning of March, we'll see... I also agree about taking the options since ordering it from the factory. Skipped the satellite disk and the cab over entertainment, but pretty much got everything else..
Old 02-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #17

Quote:
I bought some LEDs on line. They are only about 75% as bright as the stock incandescent bulbs.

How do the ones you bought compare to the brightness of the stock bulbs?
parpar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #18

They're less bright, but not by much in my opinion. The stock bulbs are too bright for my taste (too harsh). These are a bit more mellow. In fact, I'm still looking for dimmer LEDs for the bedroom. And I might keep the stock bulb in the bathroom. I like maximum light for shaving.
gsevilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #19

Quote:
I would ask for the bathroom fan to be replaced with a better quality one. I would also add a fan (reversible) to the bedroom. I also wish the living room fan was reversible.
I've replaced the stock vent fan in the bathroom with every RV we've had. The first time I bought the fantastic fan with thermostat and reverse option. I didn't use the reverse option much at all but I did use the thermostat feature for when our TT was stored. I felt it would vent the heat out the camper in the summer. Problem with that is I noticed a stain on the floor under the fan. Investigation led to that when rain storms passed over, it cooled the camper shutting off the fan. Without the fan on - rain water splashed in (even with snorkel vent cover) landing on the floor below where it stayed damp for ??? eventually staining the linoleum.

Any way, the last two fantastic fans I bought have been just a 3 speed exhaust only and I've been happy with them. By coincidence it is the exact same fan the FR uses in the living room. The fan upgrade in the bathroom is a must in my opinion - especially if have more than just a couple people staying in the camper.
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:43 AM   #20

Quote:
They're less bright, but not by much in my opinion. The stock bulbs are too bright for my taste (too harsh). These are a bit more mellow. In fact, I'm still looking for dimmer LEDs for the bedroom. And I might keep the stock bulb in the bathroom. I like maximum light for shaving.

Check superbrightleds.com They have many different leds of various brightnesses. We used dimmer ones over the bed and a couple of other locations and brightest ones over bathroom sink, etc. They will give you guidance with a phone call or online chat. They are located in suburban St. Louis and ship immediately. I have been to their facility and they are great people to work with. Just got leds to convert all my clearance lights to led. They helped me get the right ones.