Old 02-07-2019, 09:07 AM   #1

3010DS passenger side storage unit taking on water

I have a 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS. A storage unit on the passenger side seems to hold water after a shower (not every time), and I'm not 100% certain it's coming from the shower, could be the fridge.

It's not the large storage at the end, it's the one next to to it, where the water filter and drain lines are located.

How do I track down the leak? Also, is there suppose to be grout at the bottom of the shower. I one piece surround shower walls at the bottom are sorta open, no grout or sealant.

PortCityThrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #2

Is there a round access port under the shower under the shower door. Open that and look inside and you will probably find that the Ptrap my be broken/split. Had it happen on my 3100SS. Took it apart and went to Lowes/HD for the parts and fixed. Used very dense shipping foam blocks to support shower floor so it would not happen again. Those shower walls hang and the shower pan has sides that are under the walls. That is OK and no need to seal. Hope this helps.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:08 AM   #3

Are you sure that the leak is not coming any of the lines in that compartment. I know the 12 vlot pump is there the cold water drain the water filter. Lots of plubming in there.

I suggest next time your hooked up you run the shower and watch in that compartment to see if you get get it to reoccur.

Leaks are a pain in the butt hopefully you find the culprit..
Old 02-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #4

Well, well, well....who da man! That's what said to my wife after I found the leak. I was correct in my initial train of thought. The bottom walls of the surround in the shower isn't caulked. When I shower, I can lean against the walls and see it buckle at the bottom. So, I dropped the black plastic cover in the storage bay, turned the shower on and damn if the water didn't come cascading down from the shower. I just need to get up the water, let it dry, and then caulk, should be good to go.

I get to crow about all this because I'm not known as a Mr Fixit guy.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:44 AM   #5

Glad you found it.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:50 AM   #6
PPST Wannabe

Hmmmmmm

You say you can lean against the walls and see it buckle at the bottom. The sidewalls SHOULD overlap the floor moulding coming up the wall a short ways. Water going down the wall should drip past the overlap and go down the drain.

1. If you can lean against the walls and it moves because there’s no bracing behind, it will still move and flex, even if you caulk at the bottom. I suspect the problem will continue.

2. Your bigger problem might be to see IF you can brace the shower wall.

3. So....you still get leaking down below with NO ONE in the shower leaning on the wall?

4. You might still have issues under the floor of the shower through the access door/portal that others mention.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:50 AM   #7

Thanks. After I dried the storage area, I turned the shower on, and left the shower head on the shower floor pointing at the space between the shower wall and the shower base, went out to look in the storage area, and the water was streaming down into the space. I'm pretty sure that is the source....well, at this point I'm pretty sure. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #8
PPST Wannabe

You could STILL have a leak at the drain in the floor of the shower.

Have you found access to look at the P-trap under the drain?

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:50 AM   #9

My water problem continues

As per my previous post, in our storage compartment under the shower, will occasionally have water in it. I took the over-head cover off in the storage compartment, then put the shower head on the shower floor, turned the water on and looked in the storage compartment, and I could see the water streaming out.

How do I fix this problem?
Old 02-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #10

The shower head laying on the floor hitting the walls could very well send water up behind the wall. The walls are designed to direct water down. That's why the pan has short sides that the walls are over. Hang the shower head up and run the water and see if it leaks then,

Tags
storage, water