Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #1

301DS - icemaker water valve

I have a 2015 3010DS with the 4-door fridge. Can anyone tell me where the water shutoff valve is for the icemaker? Looked in all the obvious (AKA easy to access) spots. I am guessing I have to unscrew one of the panels either under the fridge or the sink to get to it?

It also looks like the water heater bypass valves are in an inaccessible area as well...sort of make me wonder why they wouldn't be behind hinged doors but.....they will be once I find them and make some mods
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalkerpa1 View Post
I have a 2015 3010DS with the 4-door fridge. Can anyone tell me where the water shutoff valve is for the icemaker? Looked in all the obvious (AKA easy to access) spots. I am guessing I have to unscrew one of the panels either under the fridge or the sink to get to it?

It also looks like the water heater bypass valves are in an inaccessible area as well...sort of make me wonder why they wouldn't be behind hinged doors but.....they will be once I find them and make some mods

Hi,

We have a 2015 3050s and was wonder the same thing ourselves. My wife seems to think if you lift the silver arm on the Ice Maker itself that will shut off the Ice Maker. However, that does not answer how to turn the water off to it. Especially when when it's ready to be winterized.
2018 Coachmen Chaparral 338 TSIK
2016 (Seasonal Site) Chariot Park Model
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #3

I Have a 2013 3010 DS I found the valve behind the drawer just left of the bottom of the refrig. this was after I removed to two panels that I was told to remover by my dealer. I was then able to see the valve that was behind the drawer. Hope this helps
campingtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingtom View Post
I Have a 2013 3010 DS I found the valve behind the drawer just left of the bottom of the refrig. this was after I removed to two panels that I was told to remover by my dealer. I was then able to see the valve that was behind the drawer. Hope this helps

Thanks, I'll have to look for it there...
Old 07-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #5

Jmsx2 The water shut off for 3050/3051 is behind the panel just below the fridge ( panel has six screws holding it in place) This is where the hot water tank bypass valves are also. You wife is correct that lifting the wire in the ice maker will stop it from making ice.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrauts View Post
Jmsx2 The water shut off for 3050/3051 is behind the panel just below the fridge ( panel has six screws holding it in place) This is where the hot water tank bypass valves are also. You wife is correct that lifting the wire in the ice maker will stop it from making ice.
jfrauts..

Good information which will be beneficial for winterizing..

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #7

We drain our water lines and blow them out instead of adding the pink stuff. Last winter there was water in the ice maker valve so it froze and split. It was day to replace. Next time I am going to remove the valve and dump the water

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
kswing60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #8

As a follow-up to my original post....I had time to do some more looking this weekend.

By removing (completely out of the slides) the drawer under the oven, I am able to access the icemaker valve (to the right) and the water heater bypass valves (to the left) without removing any of the screwed on panels. Its not enough access to make a repair, etc., but enough to work the valves.

This is on a 2015, 3010DS...other floor plans will likely vary..
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #9

can you tell me the cost of the valve. mine did not get enough of the pink stuff and our first trun on had water leaking from the valve. i shut off the water and will fix in the fall. also who has the valve and was it easy to replace
oldnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #10

I had to replace mine after it split last winter. It doesn't take long to replace. Unwrap the foil tape that has heat trace under it. Remove the two compression nuts. There are three screws that attach the mounting bracket that are easy to access. The two electrical connections and two screws that attach the valve to the bracket. The valve was less than $15 on eBay. When in winterized this year I am going to remove the valve and drain the water out of it.
kswing60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water