Old 10-15-2014, 09:28 AM   #11

slide issues

I too posted a while back regarding issues with my slide. After the first few trips, we started to hear a very loud creaking noise. The dealer did fix it, they said there were issues with the motor housing being cracked (I have to find my earlier post).

The repairs did work, but recently (after several thousand miles of driving) I have to say I'm starting to hear noises again. They are not nearly as loud as before, but it has me wondering...

I have to take it back to the dealer because I still have leaks somewhere with the slide (yes I mistakenly thought it was fixed).

Hearing other folks problems, I have to wonder about the reliabilty. Is the slide simply too big.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #12

bclemens ; any chance of you posting a pic of rivet ( to show what style) and giving length of it, I know you said 1/4" dia. I want to install some in mine. Thanks.

wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #13
GM

there is a chance...
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:42 PM   #14

Mine had repairs also. The dealer said they replaced the bolts with rivets. It's more quit and works for now. I hope there's not further issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #15

We had trouble with our 3050 slide not coming in the day that we were leaving on a week long trip. After much ado we finally got it in using the over ride under the stove. We still went on our trip, but left the slide in . Had the dealer fix it when back. The problem was the upper rear motor had got loose and chewed up the wiring. New motor and wiring replaced and now works. Not sure how a motor could get loose on a 2014 one year old unit, wondering if it was not put on tight enough from the factory or what. Since we were out six weeks from warranty it cost 700 dollars repair, but FR helped with part and are grateful for their help. Has anyone else had that happen to their MH.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #16

We have a 3050 also. It has the same creaking you mentioned. No visible issues... Took it back to the dealer while it was still under warranty, and they told me this was normal and no issues...Mine is a 2013...Now you guys have me concerned...My warranty has now expired.....

bclemens since I took it in, and they noted concerns am I covered if it does appear to be an issue?
Old 11-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #17

FR has been excellent thus far in working with our dealer to figure out a repair for the slide issue. The repair is supposed to start this week, and I've been told that we will not have to worry about the slide issue again. From what little I have been able to gather, it sounds like the screws are going into a piece of aluminum tubing or channel. A couple of our screws missed, hence the noise we were hearing. Others are having the screws actually pull out. If the dealer can't figure out what your noise is from, make sure to document your history on the issue in case this develops in to something more significant that needs FR's repair assistance.

Our 3050 has been at the dealer for almost four weeks, more than 1/2 of the time since purchase. There are a number of little things that they've been working on like a blown subwoofer, rear view camera monitor replacement, and a few very significant things like a major leak in the slide, and the slide repair, but most of this time has been due to the dealer's service tech availability and parts being ordered from suppliers. After reading just about every post on the FR forums, I am very comfortable having purchased this FR product as they really do seem to care about their customers. I haven't purchased anything in the past and had this level of response/concern/involvement from the manufacturer.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #18

Hey Matt and Lisa I also have a 2014 2014 3051S and am the other rver jfrauts mentioned in a post. We are putting in our 3rd motor in a year and my trim also pulling out behind driver seat. First FR warranty division is OUTSTANDING, they will do everything they can to help. So we are in texas, Dallas Forth Worth area and trying to get to Pittsburgh for Dr. Apps next week. So FR is setting up for a local dealer to replace motor so slide will work and fix the trim issue. I did a lot of research the last week on schwintek in wall slide system and was both amazed and appalled by how many problems there are with this system industry wide, and this is just people who posted on a forum somewhere, think how many people have not posted. From what I have seen Forest River and Thor are the 2 best manufacturers at helping the customer with this system. I am skeptical about the pop rivet and screw change out fix, but as long as FR will stand behind the fix and warranty it I am willing to give it a try, really though, what other option is there. Talking to warranty I understand what they are saying about self tapping screws versus pro - point sheet metal screws and some added strength with rivets. Personal I would like to schwintek replace the aluminum support post with one that has a greater wall thickness so screws can bite and hold under the twisting moving action while going down the road.
But have faith FR warranty will help you and let's hope none of us have anymore problems with our slides. This is not what you expect when you buy brand new, and it sucks even more when it is your Home.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #19

3051 Slide Issue

Does anyone know if Forest River has made a factory change to correct this slide problem yet or if they intend to? We plan to purchase a new 3051S sometime in the next year and want to make sure we don't have this concern. I am new to this forum and hope to learn a lot before we make our purchase. B.Clemens seems to be a wealth of info.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #20
GM

Not a slide defect per se. There were some units that did not get aligned properly within the slide opening. We have since adjusted the installation method and took some extra precautions. We have been building them that was online for some time and the ones that have exhibited issues are correctable.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, slide