Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #21

Ok, I need a reality check. to see if this is just par for the course, or something that I am justified in being REALLY frustrated over.

On 10/4, we brought our brand new '14 Sunseeker 3050 in to have the dealer look at the slide mounting problem that originated this post. Brian Clemmons was kind enough to stop by the dealer and work with them to arrange for a repair solution. On 10/10, the dealer released the RV back to us as it was going to take a while to arrange for the repair and they figured we could use it for some scheduled trips in the meantime.

On 10/21, before we had any chance to go anywhere, a major leak formed in the closed slide, with over a gallon of water coming through the bathroom medicine cabinet and pooling in the floor. The dealer stated that we could bring it back in to be placed in a bay while they waited for a service opening.

On 10/31, the dealer told us that they had finalized the repair plans with Forest River and would begin the repair the following week. We were told that the process would entail a relatively painless 3-4 hour block of time to complete.

On 11/7, we called the dealer and were told that the tech was on vacation and they would start the repair on 11/11.

On 11/14, we called the dealer and were told that when they opened the slide to begin the repair, the slide controller went out and that they had to replace it. The dealer stated that they installed the controller and expected to begin work on 11/15.

Today, I contacted the dealer and was told that they "still looking at the slide" and haven't started trying to find the leak yet. They are unable to provide any ETA for when the expect to complete what we were told was a relatively short repair.

After our purchase in mid-September, we received a letter from Forest River thanking us for our purchase and requesting that we call them if the RV is ever in the dealer for service more than 5 days. I've called them twice and left messages updating them on the issue, but haven't seen any signs of their recent involvement from my end of things. We've got a number of small repairs (blown subwoofer, etc) that are also in the works, but none of those would result in the RV being unusable for 38 days and counting.

We've owned several large travel trailers, but have never had an issue requiring that they be taken back to the dealer for service. Are these delays and the lack of communication from the dealer to be expected?
mattnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #22
Plain Old Member

From most dealers, I wouldn't expect anything else. Delays and lack of communication. We've dealt with a LOT of them, and finally bought something that we could do all of our own work on, in our own shop. Sorry, I just don't get along with any dealer, as most blow smoke.

When we had our Forester, we just bypassed the dealer and took it straight to Indiana for the repairs, across from the Forester / Sunseeker plant. Quite a list, all done in a few days.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #23
Commercial Member

I shot this over to the warranty department to see if they can speed this up.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:29 PM   #24

Much appreciated, Brian! I was hoping FR may be able to figure out what is going in from the dealer... My inquiries to the dealer seem to go nowhere...
Old 11-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #25
Commercial Member

I think our warranty guys tried to call you, they also have a call into the dealer. I think there was just some confusion on the dealers end, it appears we have approved any repairs that were needed. We're going to follow up with the dealer daily to make sure they have everything they need.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:02 AM   #26

Thank you so much, Brian! Hopefully we'll begin to see the dealer make some progress!!
Old 11-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #27

I would love to know where the leak was. Our 3050s has been back to the dealer 4 times now trying to fix the leak. After it rains water appears on the bottom of the slide - as you stick your fingers under the slide and between the linoleum floor and drips onto the floor at various spots. It's currently at Leo's RV now trying to get fixed again.
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #28

Here we go again... just called to dealer again to see if they had made any progress. According to the service manager, they finally "took the slide apart" and now have to order a "whole bunch of parts" to fix it. ETA on parts being received is "2nd week of December." We're now cancelling our third planned camping trip since we purchased in September.

I've been getting the run around from them while the RV has been in their shop for over six weeks... lesson learned: buy used and never use this dealer for service. I feel like once they finalized the purchase, they've washed their hands of us. I've never written a bad online review for a vendor, but this will be my first (not forest river, but for the dealer). Forest River has been great in terms of trying to help out, but I'm obviously at the mercy of this dealer.

They have not yet had any response to my inquiries as to whether they have tried to find the leak in the slide yet. All I get is "I'll check into that". If they EVER manage to work on that, I will post up so you know where the leak was coming from. Not holding my breath...
Old 11-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #29
Commercial Member

My warranty manager said we could do whatever we could to expedite parts. The only bad part is if it is Lippert parts. They handle on their own warranty (as they demand). We don't have as much pull there.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #30

Thank you, Brian, and happy Thanksgiving!

My frustrations are focused solely on the dealer.

Tags
305, slide