Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2015, 10:21 AM   #1

3050s leaks

Have a 3050s 2013 had a bad roof leak that ruined the overhead bed. have taken it to dealer, who can not find leak. they said it is not in the usual spots clearance lights, or roof cracks. Forest will not cover anymore time wondering if anyone has leaks in different places we can check. seems to leak if front is pointing down, no leak if front is pointed up. rain going to front. could rain gutters be a problem are they put on after the coach is built. any help would be great. hourly charge is $105.00 to find leak keep on camping
oldnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:08 AM   #2

both my neighbor and myself experienced what we thought were "roof leaks". on his camper the leaks were along the walls,to the point where the wood rotted in one corner. on my rockwood 8315SS, the water would leak from the tops of the doorway and the windows. on one occasion water leaked from the A/C vent above the bed. i totally checked all the roof seam,caulking and around all the vents. finally i removed the rubber strip that covers the screws holding the rain gutter on. to my surprise,most were rusty and using a screwdriver I could turn the screws in at least a full turn or more.
solution,I replaced all the screws with SS screws dipped in sealant and made sure they were totally tightened. my neighbor has since gotten rid of his camper,but since I made this repair to mine,I have no more leaking problems. this pic is of my neighbors camper when we were replacing the screws on his rail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rustygutter.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	68426  
Old 01-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #3

waiting for word from dealer on water leak. Forest did cover the bunk mattrees and some of the time hoping to get it back so driveway looks bear without it
oldnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, 3050s, leak