Old 06-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #1

3050s not cool

I can't seem to find solutions to our problem.
We have a Sunseeker 3050s which, until yesterday, we hadn't driven during the summer. After 200 sizzling miles, with the Ford a/c at full blast, we realized the fatal flaw of summertime motorhome travel: it's too hot.
What do you do when you can't comfortably drive down the road when it's 95 outside? What's the use of having that nice RV if you can't go someplace when it's hot?
Gene Bruce

Old 06-22-2016, 06:27 PM   #2

Whenever we are driving when it's pretty warm out we run the generator with the house air on, otherwise it will get too warm inside. We have the 3010 and that works pretty well. Only time we seem to have problems with heat is on our 4th of July trip to a Myrtle Beach. Not driving, but being at the campground right at the beach in 100 degree weather with no trees.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:01 PM   #3

I use my fitted bedspread the coach came with as a blanket behind the driver and passenger seat.
It has some insulation in it and woorks good trapping heat and cold in the cab area.
Doesn't help with passengers but it is usually just my wife and I.
We anchor it on the overhead bed and drape it to the floor.
You can still easily walk through it while travelling.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #4

We use the cockpit curtain or a blanket to block off the front seats from the rest of the MH.All roof vents are left open to vent when weather is warm. . When we stop , the vents are closed and gennie started w/ the roof AC running.Walking through is an issue ,but not often.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:20 AM   #5

When I was traveling in my Class A and it was hot I often ran both the dash AC and the generator with both roof top units running. Cut the fuel milage some but that was a small price to pay to be comfortable. Run your generator and use the coach AC
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:36 AM   #6
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

The replies here answered my question! I had thought about the same thing, just hadn't experienced it yet.
Thanks everyone! Appreciate your responses!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:42 PM   #7

We have cut reflectex material and put in all house windows while driving, helps a lot. Sometimes we will pull the curtain and isolate the front part of the house. Dog has the couch while traveling. If it is really hot, we will leave the reflectex material up in bed bedroom windows.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 06-26-2016, 07:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman53 View Post
We use the cockpit curtain or a blanket to block off the front seats from the rest of the MH.All roof vents are left open to vent when weather is warm. . When we stop , the vents are closed and gennie started w/ the roof AC running.Walking through is an issue ,but not often.
Total revision - We're running w/ no curtain ,vents closed & a.c. on normal air on first fan speed setting. This setup cools the MH and MUCH EASIER TO COOL when stopped to camp. Bear in mind our 2250 is short (24' ). For hot weather this the perfect setup for us.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:19 PM   #9

I added insulated window curtains to the bottom of the overhead bunk curtains. They are attached with snaps so they can be easily removed but I found they can just be pushed to the sides. They also work to block off the cab at night instead of using the provided manual cab curtain.

Tags
305, 3050s