Old 07-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #1
3050s - slide issue override button

Somebody else might need to know this. Packing up to go on a trip Friday evening, the slide would not go in. Frantically calling RV dealer at 5:30 , they had no idea where an override switch would be (no other 3050s 's on the lot...), no idea if there is a way to get it in manually. They finally called back and said to look under fridge - nothing under there except hot water heater. I looked around and saw a panel under the stove and removed the panel, thank goodness a switch for the slide out. The instructions on the box said to look for blnking lights - none of mine were blinking (maybe because I had completely disconnected power from RV in trying to get slide to work). But there were instructions on the box (... press switch 6 times and hold on the 7th ). A few prayers later and it the slide worked. Why the slide stopped working is a question - will definitely keep an eye on it.
  • Why isn't this switch documented somewhere.
  • If I ever get stuck again and this override doesn't work, is there a manual way to get the slide in. The owners manual has something about "manual slide room operation", but it doesn't go into much detail. If all else fails there has to be a way to manually put the slide in.

johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #2
Hmmm. Wonder if my 3100 has an override switch somewhere? Mine froze in the out position once. I brought it in manually. On mine there was a bolt hanging upside down in the storage bay roughly centered underneath the slide. Not sure in your case though since its a full wall slide. And, another thing, why do these things always freeze up in the out position.

paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
Lippert - Schwintek In-Wall Slideout VIDEO!!

My #3051S has the module in the same location behind the panel below the cooktop burner drawers.

You need to watch and save this video!

Schwintek In-Wall Slide System (Trouble Shooting Tips) By Lippert Components. - YouTube

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
I had posted it here
3051 Slide Control Module Location

if that's any consolation.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
Incheon, S. Korea
The slide motor in the Coachmen class C we rented burned up days before we were to leave. It almost caught fire. They had the same issues with FR-no info.
Two weeks later, still no info. (found out that they burned up two brand-new motors instantly after installing them)
Thank goodness I pulled the slide out by hand at the lot! I told them I don't need a motor, just two slide locks!
Any suggestions? Advice? I'd love to forward it to them. It seems like the slideout is jamming a little. I think this is the case because I found out that a previous renter tried to close the slide with a broom jammed inside somewhere...
Me, Julie, Lil' Barry, Faith, and OSDs, Fang and Treaty
2003 Hyundai Starex (H1), 2012 Coachmen Clipper 126
I don't know when we'll be able to go camping again...
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote

305, slide