Old 11-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #11

View documents here: http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/dometicventing.pdf for venting options. It appears option #3 is what you are looking for.

Bobby

Old 11-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #12
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgilly View Post
View documents here: dometicventing.pdf for venting options. It appears option #3 is what you are looking for.

Bobby
I couldn't get link to work.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #13

Fixed. Sorry about that.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

Read the article, I would add the baffle at the top but would still put 2 fans at the bottom instead of pulling the frig to mount them midway.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgilly View Post
View documents here: http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/dometicventing.pdf for venting options. It appears option #3 is what you are looking for.

Bobby
I would install below the condenser coil either at the bottom or as high as you can to it, It is just to blow air over the coil to cool the unit. If you have a roof top vent mount it in the bottom of the unit, if it's in a slide mount it under the condenser coil area. It will suck fresh air from the opening at the bottom. The only thing is to figure out what turns it off and on as I said there is a click-on disk that is attached to the coil on mine when it builds heat it completes the 12 volt circuit that would turn it on and off as needed. Yours might be different then mine being I have a Norcold. Did they say were to break the 12 V or 110V what ever fan they sent you?
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Pack View Post
Thanks for all the replies. ATVer, after contact with Big John and several others with the same floor plan I checked for a fan and there is none. I called Dometic and got them to send me a fan, so I guess they're admitting there's a problem, but if I follow their installation instructions the fridge has to come out because it has to be mounted half way between the vents. The dealer is out of the picture because he's a jerk and three hours away. My question is why do some 3120's have it and others don't ?
My Coach is a 2012 model so maybe they were trying to reduce costs on later models. Also maybe they only supply the fan for units sold in hot areas of the country.
Sounds odd but I have a friend who bought a new Land Rover in southern Pa. He took it on a snowmobiling trip up north in -20 degree weather and the oil breather frooze up pushing the oil out all over. Turns out there was a cold weather kit that Rover only installed on those units sold up north to prevent the issue. They didn't expect a car from Pa would ever need it and I guess never expected someone might drive it up north.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #17

The intent was to show where to place the baffle(s). It makes sense to place one mid-stream so the air to/from the fan (wherever the fan is mounted) does not bypass the condenser even though the note states:
When dimension "D" exceeds 1", it is necessary to add baffle/s above lower
access vent, as shown, for more efficient operation in warm temperatures.
The illustration also shows how the top baffle should contour to the top grill (as mentioned previously in this post)

I also neglected to mention that option #3 is for the Innovator Refrigerator Ventilator System but shouldn't matter what vent system - the objective is to move air through the back.

Bobby
Old 11-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Read the article, I would add the baffle at the top but would still put 2 fans at the bottom instead of pulling the frig to mount them midway.
X-2 on the two fans .... I think your old pal, Turbs, has some pics posted on the forum
Old 11-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #19
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
X-2 on the two fans .... I think your old pal, Turbs, has some pics posted on the forum
I posted pics of mine in post #9 of this thread.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I posted pics of mine in post #9 of this thread.
CR_ ... or sleeping at the switch... it's an old guy thing

Tags
fan, fridge