Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #1

3170DS and 3010DS Seatbelts

How many seat belts are in these motorhomes?
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #2

I have a 2015 3170ds. Counting the 2 front seats, there are 8.

2 in front for driver and passenger
2 on couch driver side
2 on couch passenger side (kids center)
2 at the table. We do not have the U dinette option. We have booth-bench seating. Seat belts are only on forward facing seats. The other seat should not be used when moving.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Jlklingejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #3

I have a total of 9 in my 3170. It came with 7, then I had a dealer install two more in the bunk area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Jstonecfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #4

Perfect! Not sure which model I like better at this point. Still in the very early stages of looking. Thanks!
Previously:
Old 07-28-2014, 01:55 PM   #5

I am looking at better ways to arrange the seat belts for kids/Grandkids. They really aren't very well configured for small kids or for car seat installation. As an example there is no way to clip the top security clip of a car seat on either the bench or the couch seating. Any safety organization inspecting car seat installation in a Forest River Class C would give it a failing grade. I have the Forester 3051.
Rocket City Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #6

Luckily, we're past the car seat phase, and just in the booster seat phase.
Previously:
Old 07-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #7

The problem generally applies to everyone strapped in, but is of most concern with small children. Even with a booster seat your only options are to strap in sideways on a couch or forward with a hard dinette table stopping any abrupt movement. To me a child facing rearward on the dinette bench seems a safer alternative, but they don't install seat belts on that side of the bench. As new owners, we have not traveled with grandchildren yet, so I'll face this challenge later.
Rocket City Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket City Gary View Post
I am looking at better ways to arrange the seat belts for kids/Grandkids. They really aren't very well configured for small kids or for car seat installation. As an example there is no way to clip the top security clip of a car seat on either the bench or the couch seating. Any safety organization inspecting car seat installation in a Forest River Class C would give it a failing grade. I have the Forester 3051.
If you pull the rear cushion off the dinette there should be head tethers there for the top clip.

There is no testing/design for a side or rear facing seat. Putting them on would be just for show.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #9

Are the cushions suppose to be removed when using the rear tether for the forward facing seat? Thanks.
Sun.ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #10

How many belts? Always should be the same number as advertised to sleep.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #11
Commercial Member

3170: 2 cab, 2 sofa, 2 kids sofa, 2 dinette. (8) total
3010: 2 cab, 3 sofa, 4 dinette (9) total. This is changing. There are only 8 maximum sleeping positions so it should be (8) total. Also when we have the recliner option there will only be (2) in the recliners so we'll have the sofa match that.

Taking out the cushions certainly helps the car seat fit better.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:38 PM   #12

I ran into the same issue of where to safely put the car seat in the coach. I'm pretty sure every car seat maker will tell you that putting your car seat in a sideways setup, like on the couch is a bad idea. You gotta support the child's neck.

We take cushions off the dinette side that faces forward, lower the table top completely and then I've installed some steel Eye bolts long enough to bolt through the heavy duty square tubing beneath the dinette seating area where the seat belts are bolted. You have to raise the thin board under the cushion to install these.

Our particular car seat has seatbelt like latches that clip right onto the Eye bolts on both sides. I wrap the center strap around the square tube and cinch it down.

Seems to be very strong. It's not pretty but all I care about is keeping the little one safe.

We tried using the seat belts provided to strap the car seat in with but the latch always ends up right in the small of the little girls back which is no fun on long drives.
howzball is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags