Old 05-18-2015, 11:32 PM   #11

We take a couple solar lights and battery puk lights to help. Also, unplug the kids tv and overhead bunk TV. They have a constant pull of power. The stereo too, but we've not found an easy way to unhook it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 05-19-2015, 07:12 AM   #12

MzZorro

Maybe you could find which fuse in the 12 volt panel feeds the stereo and pull it. Of course, it may also feed something you don't want to disable.

RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:07 AM   #13

Good thought, Rambler Guy. I also read where one person put a switch on the power wires to the stereo and TV to be able to shut it down. I will check the fuse out for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #14

We dry camp a lot and didn't have much luck with 12V batteries. Charging them with tow vehicle didn't help a lot but helped enough to keep the fridge running and to keep the C02 detector from beeping. We now have 2 6V in series and its so much better. Just got a new Flagstaff with LED interior lights. Got 100 watt Renology solar panels and haven't been camping yet but have been experimenting with them. Radio and a couple of LED lights on 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm,fridge on all day and night and batteries at 12.26 in morning.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:12 PM   #15

One of the biggest power hogs when dry camping is the heater strip in the refrigerator door which draws around 24A/day. When we are dry camping, I disconnect the fridge light and heater strip (same circuit) at the refrigerator control panel. The clrcuit is plainly labelled on the control panel.

Phil
Old 05-20-2015, 10:05 AM   #16

Thanks for all the replies. Just pulled the RV out of storage last night and I am starting to get excited for this weekend
Old 05-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #17

This morning I checked the campground reservation website and an electric site opened up and I changed my reservation.

Thanks again for all the tips. I know I will be camping without hookups later this fall, just not this weekend.

Tags
3170, camping, generator