Old 08-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #1

3170ds arrived today

The whole family is so excited to go away this weekend. Just wished the unit was fully constructed. The couch in the bunkhouse was never bolted down and there are no seatbelts. The whole thing can just be pulled out and slides around. Anyone else have this problem? Other then that we love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3001298561.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	18815  

Old 08-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
GM

PM'd you

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #3

How does this happen?? What happened to quality control??
I hope that everything else is bolted down, Good luck and hope you and your family have lots of fun.

Dan and Nancy
2012 Sunseeker 3170DS/Ford E450
2016 nights camped (53)
badboy267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
phat phrog stunt crew

built on monday am or friday pm? i used to work for fleetwood motor homes, riverside ca (tioga/jamboree) in the early 80's. they didnt like it if the line stopped and generally wouldnt if the part/fix could be done easily in another dept. or in final finish. if it was a pita repair to get at later, the line would stop.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #5

Well I found out this unit was built before the change over to seatbelts but the sofa was supposed to be bolted in. I spoke with the warranty department and was assured this would be corrected. Everyone I spoke to at FR and the dealer has been really nice.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:45 AM   #6

August 28th and it was built before the seatbely changeover?! So what date does it need to be to have 2 seatbelts in the rear sofa?
We were at a RV show in Raleigh on Saturday and the 2013 model 3170 that was there also did not have seatbelts in the rear.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #7

I'm interested in this also since our 3170DS was just built and should be in transit to the dealer this week. We were counting on those rear seatbelts being there.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #8

We spoke with the factory and ours was built in March. They cannot install seat belts now since there is a metal plate that is in the slide on the new ones which we don't have. They also have to be pull tested and they can only do that at the factory.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #9

I will be especially interested to hear about your seat belts henders98! Please keep posted as ours should come off the line the last week of September and we are DEFINITELY planning on those rear seatbelts!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
phat phrog stunt crew

can a metal plate be installed at home? then drill the holes and install your own seat belts. julianos hot rod parts is a site that immediatly comes to mind for seat belts.

Tags