Old 12-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
3170DS...Mystery switch

I am certain this will already have been covered on this forum but I cannot find the answer. Near thusee door on the same wall, is what appears to be a speaker switch box.

We had a similar switch in our Rockwood HW pop-up but had an external speaker. Our 3170 does not have external speakers. So it appears to be of no value.

it does however suggest it may be wired for an external speaker...making it easy to install one.

Any insights?

Scooter81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
Sounds like the interior light dimmer switch.

Not sure what year Sunseeker you have but outside speakers are located behind a small outside door which was pretty much standard on all of the larger Sunseekers. I have them on mine. However they didn't have an inside the coach adjustable volume control.

ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
If it's a smooth rotating dial, it's is a dimmer, but I'm guessing that's not it.

If its a speaker select, as it sounds, it is A-B-All.

A is dash speakers and two ceiling speakers.
B turns off the dash speakers and uses the four ceiling speakers
All is self explanatory

We have since deleted this switch. In such a small space it proved to be of little use and just added complication where none was needed.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
Love My Sunseeker
I agree with what BC Clemens said. I've got the "mystery A/B switch" and it made very little difference in switching speakers.
JJ only, my cat went to Rainbow Bridge July 2015

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
I like the switch. When the kids are watching a movie, I turn the switch to B. Keeps it quieter up front to talk to the wife (well, not that quiet, but quieter).
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:26 AM   #6
I also like the switch. It is easier to hear the GPS directions and the phone (Bluetooth) in the A position so the sound comes out of the cab speakers. I would have located the switch in the cab area near the radio. Many a time I have forgotten to switch it back to A before leaving a camp site.
2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
RvBill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
Thanks. Obviously so subtle, we did not notice. Makes sense that this is what it is for. Particularly noticeable when one is driving.

Thanks. that helped

Scooter81 is offline   Reply With Quote